Sign in to follow this  
608KEB

snow thower question?

608KEB

I found a 37" snow thrower that I think is the correct fit it is model # 6-6211. I have a 1975 attachment and accessory catalog that shows model #6-0202 37" snow thrower. would fit my 1975 B-80 The seller says he had it on a 16 automatic. There is no lift arm or flag with it. I do not know what a flag is? I can probably make a lift arm if I knew the measurements. Does a single stage snow thrower work well? I'm guessing a 2 stage would work better. I am wondering if this snow thrower would fit my 1975 B-80 or a 1974 B-100? KB

608KEB

I think the snow thrower is from the charger series. I found some snow thrower manuals for sale on e-bay for snow thrower model # 6-0202 the picture of the tractor has foot pegs not footrests. would this still work? KB

can whlvr

the thrower is from 1968,it wont be a direct fit on either b,the b,s used the front mount with attachamatic,the 68 was bolted on to the frame so there will be a different mounting system,i think they can be adapted,but some fabbing work is needed,and im not sure of the pulley and idlers either,the singles work good,but they work better with more snow than a little,but so do the 2 stages,the flag and lift rod can be fabbed,if you get one without ask for dimensions and someone will guide you in the right direction

608KEB

Thank you, If you get a chance the snow blower is on e bay. Type in (wheel horse 37" snow thrower 6 6211). I'm asking because it looks like it has the attachamatic on it. Thanks KB

can whlvr

sorry,tried to look but it says 0 matches

wingrider

Hey I got 2 of those blowers, and they work great. One on a C160 Auto and another on a no name Raider 10. I switched the first one from the old bolt on, to a atach a matic with no problems.

I was clearing my drive a couple days ago and my neighbor was doing the same with his JD and blower, and I noticed his only throughs the snow about 5 feet and my single stage was hitting a light pole about fifteen feet in the air, and once I thought I

was hitting him 15 feet on the other side of the same pole.

They really will do a great job in the snow, so good luck with yours

Wingrider

608KEB

Thanks for the input. I'm going to pick it up today.KB

• Like 1

can whlvr

and like i said if you need dimensions for the rod or flag they are here,try search,od maybe look in the pinned area,hopefully it comes with them

608KEB

I was wondering how to remove the auger from the 37" snow thrower that I picked up a few days ago. I was planning on bead blasting and restoring it. I do have it disassembled with the exception of the auger. I was also wondering it the sprocket on the auger is supposed to be welded on? It looks like it. The sprocket has a little wobble to it. I was going to heat it and try to straighten it.

TT

The shaft that the auger rotates on is also the shaft that connects the gauge wheel brackets. There's a double roll pin through the bracket for the left gauge wheel that will need removed first, then you can drive the shaft out through the right (height adjuster handle) side.

The sprocket is welded to the auger from the factory.

608KEB

Thank you. When I was looking at it, I couldn't tell if it was a roll pin or a allen screw. KB