Sign in to follow this  
TT

Oliver GT on ebay

TT

Remeber how UGLY I said the front end looked?

I wish I had 8 or 10 of those UGLY things here right now! :WRS:

14 bids, $1885 - reserve not met! YAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH! :whistle:

Nick

I saw one of those for sale last year and didnt stop to even see what they wanted. :whistle: :imstupid:

Deere Hunter

Terry,

I seen one of those ol Olivers sold at a sale the other year. Was about the same shape. It brought around $3500 if I remember right.

Jacobson made this style GT for Oliver, Ford and I belive Moline. My Dad has several of the Ford style garden tractors in his collection. The only real difference I have seen in them are the grilles and the hood assemblys. Out of all the different styles I believe the Ford is the best looking model. Although the Oliver is the rarest, as seen by the price they bring!

BairleaFarm

Why is the price tag so big?

perry

as deer hunter said, jacobsen made these.

that oliver aint even a hydro model. not a chance its worth that much.

i have had a few of them ol'ford hydro LGT's and they are tough buggers.

CasualObserver

Why is the price tag so big?

Olivers were a VERY limited production, same as their twins, the Cockshutt models (Red instead of green and sold north of the border in Canada). They are Extremely sought after by Oliver collectors as well as serious Garden Tractor collectors. The cheapest I've seen one sell was a non-running little one that brought $2500. The highest I've seen go was a completely original one that ran perfect, it brought $7000. Of course that also happened to be at an Oliver collector's closeout sale. He had alot of nice stuff. He had collected Oliver for 50 years... and used to work in the Oliver factory in Shelbyville IL. He even had a rare factory tractor that was made with no serial number. It had been used in the factory only. If you get the chance to go to a sale like that, it's very fun to watch. It was put on by Aumann Auctions... you may have heard of them. They are based around Decatur, IL, (in Nokomis) but they travel the entire country doing high profile antique tractor and farm toy auctions.

linen beige

I'm almost willing to bet that the parts from this(the original ones that are left) will show up on Ebay within a month. His reserve is probably $2500-$3000. This machine has a lot of parts on it that look to be whatever the po had on hand. Makes me wonder what else was cobbled together to keep it usable. If someone gives $2500-$3000 for THIS Oliver, then I have an ultra rare Wheel Horse D-160 in JD Green and Yellow I'll let go, with the deck, for $1250.

CasualObserver

I'm almost willing to bet that the parts from this(the original ones that are left) will show up on Ebay within a month.

Nah... if it was worth parting, the the seller would have parted it...it's Joe's Outdoor Power. He hardly ever sells whole tractors. People don't spend this kind of money to part it out... they might be buying it for parts... but not to resell it. Just my twocents.gif

mcwh1950

here another one on ebay item number 230265912553. and alot better .

linen beige

Nah... if it was worth parting, the the seller would have parted it...it's Joe's Outdoor Power. He hardly ever sells whole tractors. People don't spend this kind of money to part it out... they might be buying it for parts... but not to resell it. Just my twocents.gif

I was going by the high reserve. I figured he was just seeing if he might get a high price for it without the labor of taking it apart.

The other listing seems a little more realistic, but still has a few days so it may go a bit higher. B)

rocking 416

i have a jacobsen gt 10 1976 i beleave, but it is so simular to that oliver the frame is the same even the front end i have a sleeve hitch for it also wonder if i should post pictures of it

wh500special

If you get the chance to go to a sale like that, it's very fun to watch. It was put on by Aumann Auctions... you may have heard of them. They are based around Decatur, IL, (in Nokomis) but they travel the entire country doing high profile antique tractor and farm toy auctions.

I wanted to go to that Oliver auction in shelbyville but couldn't make it.

FWIW, Auman Auctions does a tremendous job with their antique tractor sales. Kurt knows his stuff and seems to be an expert on every species of tractor out there. Really nice people too. He and his wife Jane used to publish "The Belt Pulley" magazine too (I used to write for that one).

www.aumannauctions.com

www.beltpulley.com

They have a show on RFD TV too now. never seen it though.

If you get a chance, everyone should attend - at least once - the annual Thanksgiving auction they hold in Taylorville the Friday, saturday, and sunday after the holiday. While it is a "big tractor" event, there are usually some GT's too that sell at the very beginning of the sale.

I've seen a few of these old Olivers in the last couple of years and their prices have jumped exponentially. Evidently the 125 is the rarest of all, but the 85's and 105's have gotten pricey too. i think a safe estimate is that their values have jumped by a factor of 4 or 5 in about 10 years.

Kind of ironic given that except for a few models (990 GM, Super 44, 440, etc.), the big Olivers tend to be less expensive than the Deere's and IH's. And there are precious few engines out there that run smoother or sweeter than an old Oliver 6 cylinder!

Moral of the story? if you see a cheap Oliver, buy it!

Steve

CasualObserver

Steve, nothing personal, but I have to say, I'm glad you didn't make it to that auction... that's where I managed to find and buy my first Wheel Horse 4-wheeled wagon! B)

Oh, and yes, Kurt and Jane are very nice folks personally, and yes, they and their staff are very professional and know what they are doing when it comes to antique tractors and auctions. They do have a new show on RFD-TV called Aumann's Album, where they profile some rare tractors and have snipets of some of their auctions. They recently did a whole show on one of their farm toy auctions, that was really something to watch.