Sign in to follow this  
KyBlue

Broken Wire

KyBlue

Hey All.. for the last few weeks, Ive been having t o recharge the battery every so often, and the Ammeter is swingin to the Neg. Side.. I figured the rectifier was bad.

I got to looking around today (I had to charge the battery again) and found this:

IMG_4911.jpg

:whistle: Anybody wanna tell me what it goes to?? Theres another broken wire in the harness, its orange too. I kinda think thats where it goes, but I figured I would post up and ask the experts!

kj4kicks

Scott, go ahead and re-attach it to the other end in the harness. It should lead to the ignition switch. That will fix your charging issue also.

KyBlue

Okay - thanks for the input. Looks like a job for Wednesday

HorseFixer

Scott do you plan to solder the wire and use heat shrink tubbing? or use a butt splice connector? If ya use a butt splice connector dab on a smidge of dielectric grease before ya crimp. :whistle:

Duke

CHARGER9AUTO

The Orange broken wire is for Rectifier with out it the tractor won't Charge . Ben...

KyBlue

Scott do you plan to solder the wire and use heat shrink tubbing? or use a butt splice connector? If ya use a butt splice connector dab on a smidge of dielectric grease before ya crimp. :whistle:

Duke

Solder is the only way to go

HorseFixer

Atta Boy! B):whistle:B)

Duke