Sign in to follow this  
mcwh1950

from the oldest to the newest

mcwh1950

like to see who has the oldest wheel horse on this web, :D:D:whistle::WRS: and the new machine............

TT

I know Stephen ("tickster") has TWO of the oldest 4 wheeled tractors, and there are a couple of 2007/2008 Classics around here too. :whistle:

HorseFixer

I know Stephen ("tickster") has TWO of the oldest 4 wheeled tractors, and there are a couple of 2007/2008 Classics around here too. :whistle:

Yeah he sure does! <_< And Boy What A Find!!!! :WRS::D Every WH collectors dream!! Stephen rescued the horses from the pits of hell!

For me just a decrepid Ole' 55 is all I can boast about!

By the way Stephens are 46 or 47 lever steers I Think!

Duke

Rollerman

By the way Stephens are 46 or 47 lever steers I Think!

I beleive both of mine are 1946's...the one I have cleaned up has the ID tag on the B&S ZZP engine that dates correct for the tractor to 1946 even.

wh500special also has one & is much nicer than mine & can be seen here http://www.wheelhorseforum.com/index.php?showtopic=1443

I have not added mine to the gallery yet as there not presentable enough yet IMOP. :whistle:

wh500special

My Lever should be a '46 since it has the curved frame. It does have the solid cast front wheels though, so it isn't one of the very earliest which were apparently spoked. i think Bob (whlpony) might have an earlier one.

The general consensus is that the '46 models had the curved frame (spacing between the frame rails is wider at the rear of the tractor and necks down near the engine to a narrower width in front) and the '47 models have straight frame rails. But it's tough to get hung up on "model years" for these things since they were essentially banged together in a garage in the mid 40's by two enterprising Hoosiers way before WH was a serious tractor company.

I can't take ANY credit for the condition mine is in, but thanks! Any and all compliments should be paid to Tim LaPree! Other than the gas I put in the tank this week, he did all the work. Great Guy.

Steve

HorseFixer

wh500special also has one & is much nicer than mine & can be seen here http://www.wheelhorseforum.com/index.php?showtopic=1443

I have not added mine to the gallery yet as there not presentable enough yet IMOP. :D

It doesn't matter Stephen! :whistle: You still have some nice ones! And you have pictures in their naked un-refinished state! So when ya do spruce um up you can stand back and be proud as a peacock! I haven't finished anything yet either my Handy work is yet to be seen.

WH500special Steve thats okay bro finished by some one else or not ya have one and was their to throw yer hard earned cash down and give it a good home! Someday over the rainbow I will find one that will live in my stable and find solitude among its younger brothers :D That will be one happy day for me and MJ!

Cheers Duke :WRS:

wh500special

Duke,

You're in the right location to stumble across a lever, but there aren't that many left that haven't been located at this point...they only made around 50 and I hear that over half have been found already.

Check your email!

Steve