Sign in to follow this  
rmaynard

Not my usual type of post

Butch

He'll be okay Bob.

rmaynard

Surgery was from about 6:30 a.m. until 11:30 a.m.. At about 1:30 p.m. my wife and I got to spend about 10 minutes with him in the ICU. He was sleeping. Though he looked like the most pitiful little thing you have ever seen, with tubes, wires, and drains coming from everywhere, the nurses said he was doing great. The surgeon said that he was able to do a complete repair of the valve. Great news. Now the tough part is up to Ryan, getting through the next 48 hours.

The Maynard family thanks you again for all your prayers, well wishes, and positive thoughts.

Butch

He's an 8 year old. They're indestructable. He'll bounce right back.

Keep us posted.

dennist

Very glad to hear everything is going well. Few things bother me like children having to go through things like this. It is tough and I do not even know you or your family. Thanks for the update.

JimD

I'm glad to hear he's doing well Bob.

dclarke

Keep us posted on Ryan's progress Bob, glad to hear he's doing well. He'll be back to helpin you on those tractors in no time.

JC 1965

Great news Bob !! It won't be long until he will be helping you work on those :wh: tractors again. We will keep Ryan and you in our prayers. :thumbs2:

stevasaurus

Excellent news Bob. How are you holding up? ICU is one of the safest places to be...great care givers there.

rmaynard

I'm doing okay Steve.

AMC RULES

:pray: Thank you Jesus.

• Like 1

64s

:pray: Thank you Jesus.

X2

can whlvr

hope every thing goes well for him bob,like allready said at 8 they have amazing abilities to bounce back

nylyon

Such a serious thing for such a young guy. We're all pulling for ya and soon enough he'll be up and running around. Besides, when he gets older, I hear chicks dig scars!

Martin

thats great news bob!!!!

AMC RULES

Such a serious thing for such a young guy. We're all pulling for ya and soon enough he'll be up and running around. Besides, when he gets older, I hear chicks dig scars!

Yeah, that's true Ryan. :dance:

Duff

Today's update, Bob? We're all pulling for him!

Duff :thumbs:

rmaynard

Today's update, Bob? We're all pulling for him!

Duff :thumbs:

Last night they had him sit up in a chair. He didn't like it one bit. This morning, he had his chest tubes removed, and they were going to try to get him to walk a little. If all goes well, and if one is available, he will be moved into a private room later today.

That's the last I have heard. I'm am heading to the hospital later this afternoon, so I should be able to have another update later. So far, he's right on track of where they want him to be.

Duff

Great news, Bob! I'm sure with all that plumbing hanging off him, sitting up was anything but fun. Now they've started to remove some of it moving around should be a little less stressful and the road to recovery that much smoother! He and your family remain in our prayers!

~Duff

JimD

I hope the news continues to be this good Bob. In my thoughts.

Sparky

So there was no way you coulda hooked up an old Kohler fuel pump to fix this Bob? You could have done it right there in yer garage :ychain: .

But seriously, its great to hear he's progressing as he is supposed to be! My son (16 yo) has had two procedures in the past and I was a worried Pop the whole time so I know what your experiencing.

Mike............

rmaynard

Just got back from the hospital. Ryan has had all of his tubes, drains, and wires removed with the exception of one IV in his hand. He has all of the bandages removed and has only a 5" scar on his chest, and a couple of small closures where the tubes were inserted. His pain meds were changed late this morning, and at 4 p.m. today he got up and walked all the way down the hall outside of the ICU. Along the way, he flirted with the staff, then back to bed and fell sound asleep.

No beds available yet in the pediatric wing, so he will remain in ICU. Doctor says that if a bed doesn't become available, they will just send him home. :omg: I hope he was joking. It was just a little over 48 hours ago that they were taking his heart apart. The news is very good, but I don't want to see him come home too soon.

AMC RULES

They definitely don't like you hanging around the hospital anymore. I had a cycling accident where I broke my hip a few years ago, they were trying to push me out the door the very next day. :disgust: Glad to hear Ryan is on the fast track, all the prayers must be working. :thumbs:

dclarke

Great news Bob, Keep the updates coming.

dcrage

Bob

My 2 cents worth having gone thru a similiar operation -- Encourage your grandson and his parents to err on the side of STAYING LONGER in the hospital -- Everybody will be different but I wish I hadn't gone home after the 4 or 5 days I stayed -- This was big time surgery

mowerman1193

Glad to hear everything is going well, Prayers continue from us for a fast recovery..

Kevin