Sign in to follow this  
oneroadkingman

fixing the wireing on a 82 c-145

oneroadkingman

hello,i was working on the wiring on my 82 c-145 cleaning up all the corrosion on the plugs, starter wires, today and the plug that the rectifier connects to the main harness is a little melted .rectifier is ok .got the plug apart but not re-useable.was going to try to use a 4 flat plug that i had lying around to wire up but not sure if that will work and how to wire it up properly .it was charging and would start up fine before i started to clean everything..all the safety switches have been cut and by passed not really sure what to do at this point .any suggestions

thanks..Rick

can whlvr

you could use single flat connectors,just put the wires where they were originally,there may be sources for a replacement 3 prong,but singles will work in a pinch

oneroadkingman

OK PART OF THE PROBLEM IS THAT THE PREVIOUS OWNER HAD CUT SOME OF THE WIRES GOING TO SAFETY INTERLOCK NOT SURE WHERE THEY GO (whoops sorry about using caps)to in the harness. when moving wires around they were so corroded they fell off the plug .looks like some were jumped on the plug.where do the two wires from the plug go to that are routed under the starter and under a metal shield headed towards the coil but not connected to it?

i am not good with electrical stuff lol.thanks for the help.

Sparky

They sound like the output power wires for the charging system to me. The go to the regulator/rectifier if they are the wires I think they are. I just had to repair the charging wires on my C-165. Where they went into the brown connector they must of been loose and the connector melter. I ended up writing down where each one went and then chopped em off and crimped on male and female connectors. Then it all got wrapped up with 3M 33+ electrical tape. Might not be a professional repair but it works and my tractor is now charging like it should.

Can you take pics and post them?

Mike..........

oneroadkingman

OK HERE ARE SOME PIC'S OF THE PLUG IN QUESTION.

oneroadkingman

WELL I WILL HAVE TO TAKE SOME PIC'S I THOUGHT I HAD SOME ALL READY ILL DO THAT LATER TONIGHT AND POST .THANKS FOR YOUR PATIENCE'S...