CTPATRIOT

212???

CTPATRIOT

A guy i know has one for sale with a deck/bagger.It has the Kawasaki engine and has 198 hrs but hasn't run for a few years.He wants 200- for it.It's been inside,but the Kawi. scares me a bit.Anything to worry about?

Sparky

I think the Kawi's have a good reputation but the tractor itself is just a lawnmower and nothing more. If your looking to just cut grass its probably fine but for any serious work it wont hold up.

Mike..........

Kelly

I have a Kawasaki in my JD and love it, it is my main mower, it is a V twin 17hp water cooled, no major issues in the 12 or so years I've been using it.

CTPATRIOT

Just looking for a leaf machine,maybe i should look at other options too?Just a little leary if the engine.It is a clean unit though...

squonk

Don't let the 212 scare you. I had a 1990 210 thatI bought new. I mowed, plowed snow, blew snow with a grafted on Allis-Chalmers blower and pulled down small trees. All with a 10 hp. briggs and a whimpy hydro. The thing never broke. Here's a pic just before I sold it last year.

DSCF0764.jpg

Wheel Horse Kid

I have never actually had a tractor with a Kawasaki motor, but I have heard good things about them. I did however, used to have a Wheel Horse 208-4SB(SB stands for super bagger) with a dual leaf bagger and deck on it. It had the 8hp briggs. It did a great job at mowing and also did well with picking up the leaves. Overall, a great little tractor. The only reason I sold it was because I wanted to upgrade to something a little bigger that I could use in my garden. I would say that is a pretty good deal for $200! Good Luck!

Irv

Sounds like a decent deal to me. The bagger is worth half that and that machine should work fine for what you want it for.

Wheel-N-It

My John Deere 325 has a 17hp Kawasaki ohv single with about 550hours on it. The engine has never given me a problem. Starts easy, even in the winter, and always runs smooth.

dobeleo

I have a Deere RX73 with a Kawasiki 9 HP vertical shaft engine thats over 20 years old, runs great. I had a little valve tapping when I got it years ago, adjusted them, engine sounds great.

corn53

I have a 212 which Ive used the past 3 seasons at my rental property. The kawasaki is a nice running motor and no issues here. I have the 30 inch deck on mine with bagger and it cuts and bags great.

steamfitter

are you interested in a simplicity model 660 rear engine drive got it from a member lasy week

rexman72

1. my 19 hp kaw rocks and sounds mean too

CTPATRIOT

I'm really thinking about grabbing this thing,hope i can sell a few things to pay for it!

rexman72

yes dont worry about the kaw engine as i have had mine for about 10 years with no problems and lots of power.

I'm really thinking about grabbing this thing,hope i can sell a few things to pay for it!

muz123

i have a 1989 wheel horse 212-6 that i plowed with. The tranny broke so i had put a 212-5 tranny in because i could not find a good working 212-6. Right now it has 888.2 hours on it and i still use it to this day.