Sign in to follow this  
Paul D.

A couple of my non tractor toys.

Paul D.

When I am not playing on my tractor I like to play with my BBQ grill and smokers. I have built a couple over the last few years. The first was a charcoal cooker (Which I added a gas assist to this past winter. Cooking outside in the Michigan winter can prove challenging). This one is my workhorse that does all the pulled pork, ribs, chicken, and mass catering events that I do when I am not working at my normal job. It's a pretty simple design but is extremely effective. The second is my tailgater special. I started out with a Kitchenaide 48" gas grill with 2 side burners and a warming drawer. I mounted it on a steel frame and added an axle across the back. The axle actually raised and lowers so the trailer drops down to grould level for cooking on. The back counter has a sink to one side and plenty of area for food. The back cabinets open up to hide a cooler for beverages. They also hide the clean and dirty water tanks, water pump, and the axle. I added a tractor battery so when you are somewhere you can't hookup to electricity you can switch over to DC power. Ive got about 6 months and about 20 cases of beer to get this done.

image-1.jpg

image-3.jpg

image-2.jpg

image.jpg

image-4.jpg

• Like 1

Rollerman

Paul they are both nice, but that stainless one is :wicked:

I'd be afraid to pull it down the road for fear a gawker would taile end it.

KC9KAS

Very nice!

I got hungry just reading the post, then I saw the grill in action, now I am REALLY hungry!

Years ago 2 buddies and myself built a log splitter. I think we had more $$ in beer than we did the splitter!

Paul D.

I definitely get some looks going down I-94 at 70mph. It started out as I've got this grill and it's to heavy to move around(700lb.). So my neighbor and I started drinking, brainstorming and sketching things out and things just got out of hand the only request my wife had was for the sink.

stevasaurus

Excellent yanky ingenuity. I had to go get my lawn chair and a beer just so I could sit here and stare at the pictures. Thumbs up.

chinoman279

That is an excellent way to solve your problem. I like it. I will have to keep an eye out for it when I am on 94. I might have to follow you and try out some good ol' barbeque. Some people think everything is better fried. I would take a properly done piece of meat off a grill or out of a smoker any day over a fried item. Frying is just easier.

Trouty56

It's one thing to get to drinking and come up with a wild idea......another to actually do it. It's got everything AND the kitchen sink!!!

Ken B

Man that is a nice setup. Pull that bad boy down to the BIG SHOW this yr. right on into the big field and camp next to us!