Sign in to follow this  
6wheeler

Yesterdays "Bar" discussion after bingo

6wheeler

Ok, so yesterday I had to volunteer to work a bingo at our Eagles club. After it was all over and the blue hairs all went home, we ( the volunteers) decided it was time for a cold one at the bar. Everyone knows how discussions start at a bar. We always stick to the rule " No religion or politics at the bar". So, our brilliant discussion landed on the lowly egg. Or, how to boil it and get it to peel well. And, of course, how hard it is to get fresh ones to peel. Well, I have never heard so many different ways to get this done. From Vinegar in the water, to crack the shell, to leave the dozen sitting out overnite and then boil. Now being an egg guy and all, I of course, think I have the best way. What I do, is leave the eggs in the fridge until I am ready to use. I put the water into the pan and bring it to a boil, then I put the eggs in (cold) with a spoon while it is boiling. Then, bring it back to a boil and leave them in the boil for 6 to 9 minutes depending on how hard you want the yolks. I always have fresh eggs because I sell them as fast as I get them. With this way I can pick eggs today,leave them in the fridge over nite and cook them the next day and 95% of them will peel like a store bought egg. After 5 or 6 rounds, we all decided we were all full of useless information,( I believe this is the politically correct way to say what we really meant). And, we should save some of this brilliance for the next time. So, do you cackleberry cookers have a special way you do it?

AMC RULES

Well, I can tell you I definitely have a special way I do it, but this has nothing to do with the way I boil eggs. :eusa-doh:

DoctorHfuhruhurr

Don't peel them. Blow them out of the shell. That's the easiest method I've seen so far. Credit goes to Doctor Michael Eades.

KC9KAS

I thought older eggs would peel easier than fresh eggs after boiling them.

Paul D.

So I had to try that blowing out that egg trick..... It works! Now to figure out a way to make something up to do this with a compressor or vacuum sealer

JimD

So I had to try that blowing out that egg trick..... It works! Now to figure out a way to make something up to do this with a compressor or vacuum sealer

You're going to give new meaning to the phrase, Go suck an egg. :P:D :lol:

• Like 1

stevasaurus

Funny you bring this up. I eat a lot of hard boiled eggs and it seems like when the wife does them, I have trouble peeling them. I tried to have a "discussion" with her about how she was cooking them...anyway...now I cook my own. :bow-blue: I got out the Betty Crocker cook book, and it says...put the eggs in the pan...cover with water...bring to a boil...turn off heat...wait 15 minutes and then run cold water over them to stop the process. Works great...no more trouble peeling eggs. I do find that it helps if you peel in a counter clockwise direction. :)

VinsRJ

I typically pull them from the fridge, boil for 10 minutes and then bash them on the counter.

Never once did I find and issue peeling them. :romance-grouphug:

Duff

I do find that it helps if you peel in a counter clockwise direction. :)

Is that looking at the egg from the top or from the bottom? :ychain:

Duff :handgestures-thumbup:

Rooster

I can not wait to eat eggs someone spit all over peeling them....whut a great Idea?

Put a little salt in the water when you boil them, shell will come right off.

And...I know eggs...I was one !

stevasaurus

I do find that it helps if you peel in a counter clockwise direction. :)

Is that looking at the egg from the top or from the bottom? :ychain:

Duff :handgestures-thumbup:

Duff, I was wondering if I was going to catch someone on that. :)

specialwheelhorse

Wife says betty crocker way with pich of salt works for her. We have pickled beets and eggs

all the time here. I can make a meal on them.

DoctorHfuhruhurr

I can not wait to eat eggs someone spit all over peeling them....whut a great Idea? Put a little salt in the water when you boil them, shell will come right off. And...I know eggs...I was one !

I doesn't seem that different than someone blowing out candles on a birthday cake but I would imagine they are washed if the peeler is not the person eating them. I'd wash them regardless of how they are peeled.

Duff

Wife says betty crocker way with pich of salt works for her. We have pickled beets and eggs

all the time here. I can make a meal on them.

Oooh! We used to take pickled eggs to deer camp and have them along with a hearty meal of baked beans. Afterwards we had a competition........remember Blazing Saddles- the camp scene?

Duff :ROTF:

Operator

If you all have seen the tv comercial for "Eggies" DON'T BUY THEM! They work but it is more work than just peeling them.