Sign in to follow this  
can whlvr

ripper in action

can whlvr

so i thought i would post a few pics of my homemade ripper,i used it today to rip apart the ice on the drive,it was almost 50 degrees so it was a good time to tear it up,this is handy because the plow can be left on and i can raise the ripper with a chain and a slot cuy into the upright,i can hook up different tools to this setup,like my vplow etc.it slides into a standard receiver hitch on the tractor,similar to the one one of our members is selling,its very handy to have a 2 inch receiver on the back,the possibilities are endless

DSC00018.jpg

DSC00012.jpg

012.jpg

farmer

Looks like it's effective, independent lift makes sense, that second picture puts my teeth on edge though. :scared-eek: :lol:

KC9KAS

"that second picture puts my teeth on edge though. :scared-eek::lol:"

You mean like hearing fingernails on a blackboard?

farmer

Exactly, fingernails on a blackboard. :)

Another way to wake up the neighbours though :huh: I think I'd worry about marking up my drive as well.

can whlvr

dirt drive so no worries

1maidenfan

so i thought i would post a few pics of my homemade ripper,i used it today to rip apart the ice on the drive,it was almost 50 degrees so it was a good time to tear it up,this is handy because the plow can be left on and i can raise the ripper with a chain and a slot cuy into the upright,i can hook up different tools to this setup,like my vplow etc.it slides into a standard receiver hitch on the tractor,similar to the one one of our members is selling,its very handy to have a 2 inch receiver on the back,the possibilities are endless

DSC00018.jpg

DSC00012.jpg

012.jpg

Are those MONSTER concrete wheel weights on there? How did you fab those?

rexman72

nice pics and that ripper will do alot of damage to whatever it wants too.

can whlvr

thanks guys,shes real handy,will rip up hard red clay which is the soil im in,good for pulling alot of twigs out of the bush,lots of uses,and yes they are concrete weights

024-1.jpg

can whlvr

the bottom 2 are for the front,and the big ones in thr rear add about 55 lbs,i made them a few years ago,poor mans weights but work,just gotta watch where your wheels are,could do serious damage to the car or what ever you hit with them ,i have one set of wheel horse weights but have never seen any others in my travels,when they went for sale i left work then and now to buy them