Sign in to follow this  
rustyoldjunk

brought home the C161 pics

rustyoldjunk

i went and drug it out of the shed where i bought it today.i wish i had a picture of before we started moving things to get it out when it still had a push mower sitting on the hood.i cleaned the points and primed it.it fired up,so i changed the oil and took it for a ride.it DOES smoke.it drives good though and i have a 12 hp kolher i can stick on it while i go thru the 16 hp.the rubber engine mounts will have to be changed out also,they are shot.

Attached Image

post-3-1214779650.jpg

rustyoldjunk

out of the shed

Attached Image

post-3-1214779758.jpg

rustyoldjunk

its been run hard and left dirty :whistle:

Attached Image

post-3-1214779954.jpg

rustyoldjunk

they also have at least two pull behind culivators,a disk and a wheel horse mold board plow that she is going to get back with me on.here it is wiped down after the test ride.

Attached Image

post-3-1214780120.jpg

rustyoldjunk

last one

Attached Image

post-3-1214780215.jpg

rustbucket

not a bad haul and very interesting trailor you got with the wire spoke wheels.

TT

Pretty decent looking 161, Jim. :WRS:

JD combine wheels on the trailer?????? :whistle:

Rideawaysenior

Will you be looking to sell any of the implements? I am looking to find a cultivator. I'd rather not buy one new, I'd rather find some OEM stuff that is kinda you know red? LOL

:whistle:

That is a real nice find though. Congrats.

Jack

T-Mo

Jim,

The C-161 doesn't look too bad at all. I think you will love that 16 hp engine once you get it rebuilt. Good find on the tractor and implements also.

kpinnc

Definately a good haul! :whistle:

Kevin

Teddy da Bear

Nice tractor... And at the looks of that shed.....you got that tractor out just in the nick of time. One good breeze will finish that structure.

Looks like a 1979 model year.

rustyoldjunk

TT thats right the trailer has JD implement wheels and rustbucket,that little trailer is very interesting.i think a farmer built it,i just got it from my brother in law.notice the crank on the left side of the trailer,when you use it,it will lower the bed almost flat on the ground.i plan to give the frame a fast coat of paint and a new sheet of plywood.i use it around home behind the tractors mostly.Mike i agree,it amazing that shed is still standing.why do you say '79 model year?Treed im very much looking forward to using the 16hp engine once i get it healthy.Jack,i most likely will be loking to sell some implements if i end up with them.there is at least two cultovators there and i have one already.i also have a plow and disk,so i will probably sell a few implements.give me a week or so to hear back and give me a pm.i was kind of suprised the 161 doesnt have a hi-lo range.what oil does the hydro call for?i was also suprised i didnt see a plug or knock out for an hour meter.(i have one im itching to put on one of the horses,the 160 has a knock out so i will most likely use it on it.)