Sign in to follow this  
71_Bronco

The New Toy... The RUGG!

71_Bronco

Stopped over at Matt's last night and picked up this little fellow

20120105_075742.jpg

20120105_075753.jpg

More pictures to follow this weekend. Too cold & dark at night when I get home to pull it out an take good pics. These were taken this morning before work. Popped the garage open, snapped the pics, and went to work.

From what I understand, its an early RUGG Carpet Cutter. Plans are to get this going and to take it to shows in its original condition, and then restore it properly after the Bronco & RJ-58 are all finished.

Gonna pull it out Saturday, git it a good washing, and hopefully get the motor going. Wish me luck! LOL

Sparky

Wish me luck! LOL

Good luck :grin: ! I wondered what you were getting from Matt's. Looks like a fun project.

Mike.......

AMC RULES

What a little cue-t-pie. :icecream: Looks like an amusement park ride. :eusa-think:

What's the year of manufacture on that Nick? :scratchead:

speedyleedy

you have a nice little rider there ! I also have a old rugg rider. I need to find out how old it, mine has a fiberglass hood & fenders on it. Its great shape it has a briggs 7 horse on it ?

71_Bronco

Well, from what I have read and heard, I believe it to be a mid 60's model, due to its metal hood. The later 60's and early 70's had the fiberglass hoods, and they also came with optional bigger motors. Mine is a 4hp Brigs.

Matt knows so much more than I do about these things, maybe he can chime in.

Also, from what he told me, the pedal on the right side acts almost like an accelerator pedal. The harder you press it, the more tension it puts on the drive belt, and the faster you go.

The tractor has a 4 speed Peerless trans (3 forward, 1 reverse), and from what I have read online, they move along pretty damn quick.

Prolly gonna buy a new set of shoes for it (wheels and tires) since they are so small and inexpensive. Just to dress it up a little bit.

AMC RULES

Hope we get an action video of it tooling around the yard at some point too? :auto-swerve:

71_Bronco

Hope we get an action video of it tooling around the yard at some point too? :auto-swerve:

When I get it running, then I will try to figure out how to do video lol

I actually wanna get one of the Go-Pro HD camera's and mount it to my Pinto for when I cruise in the summer. Maybe I can fab up a RUGG mount for it lol

Hydro

Pretty neat! Did you see the pics I posted uner Minature Toro a few days. Kinda similar. Yeah would be neat to see an adult running around on that!

Have fun with it.

71_Bronco

Pretty neat! Did you see the pics I posted uner Minature Toro a few days. Kinda similar. Yeah would be neat to see an adult running around on that!

Have fun with it.

Yeah, I did see that. Very cool little machine. I can see a similarity between the two.

And as for an "adult" driving this on, I don't know if you would consider me an adult. 22 Years old, 5'6, 140 pounds, and ALWAYS carded when I order alcohol :bitch: (I look about 18 or 19 when I shave & clean up) LOL

• Like 1

Hydro

You're just a young pup...enjoy it while you can! :woohoo:

Ken B

You just brought back a young childhood memory of mine. Me and a friend had a little tractor that resembled this one. It was my first tractor ever, I was probably about 8 at the time. We kept it at my friends house because to be honest, I thought my older brothers would ruin it and or claim it as theirs. It was a little Sunbeam, but it had handle bar type steering wheel. Then came an immaculate Huffy Mustang and then......... Anyway, I knew you grabbed this, nice score!

Don1977

You had better make that one remote control, unless you have a clown suit an a parade to be in. :ychain:

Jake Kuhn

Its looks really cool! Doesen't look very fun to drive though.

grnlark

Hey Nick, It was nice seeing you again and nice meeting your dad as well. Based on research I did when I got them both (can't remember exactly where) I narrowed them both down to 1966. I think it was a combination of info on the Rugg group and decoding the numbers off the motor when I was trying to locate the gas tank.

horsenut

Sweet tractor...love it!

71_Bronco

Thanks for chiming in Matt.

Sorry for no update over the weekend, was shacked up in bed with a nasty stomach bug. Doing much better now.

Hopefully I can get some pics this weekend, though they are saying the weather may be a little... disagreeable.

On a brighter note, was able to get the size off the tires to price out some hot new shoes LOL

Rooster

Grown men can ride them...

Huffys, ruggs, Mustangs and the likes are used in the USLMRA A/p & F/X classes!

• Like 1

71_Bronco

Man, that looks like so much fun!