smoreau

Custom heavy duty 2" hitch build #2

smoreau

Tom and I or getting ready for the next build of my 2" heavy duty hitch. We will be building 10 and going from there. It will be slightly different then the last time as I will be using 2" angle iron on the parts that attach to the axle to save time on the build. All of the bushings will fit the original wheel horse pin, and if you have a older 6 speed or 3 speed with the brake drum that is close to the axle tube you need to tell me so I can clearance them so they don't interfere with the brake. I have the receiver tubes on order and should be here by the end of the week. steel will be ordered soon and I plan on starting to put them together the weekend of the 14th. 2-3 days for the paint to dry and all should ship out by the 21st of Jan. They will be shipped through USPS Package services parcel. and shipping prices on the last build was any ware from $13 to $20 depending on how far you live away from me. The price for the hitch will be $100.00 and a extra $7 if you don't have a dozer blade-tiller mount for the extra plates and bolts in order for it to work. They will be primed and painted Red with Restoration series IH red from TSC. In order for me to build you a hitch I will need 50% down up front before a hitch will be made for you. You can pay for it all if you like, or just 1/2, that is your choice.I do take PayPal or personal check-money order, It will take up to 5 days for the check to clear if you pay with a check and I will not ship tell it clears. I do require you to contact me by phone, or send me your phone # so I can call you as I like to have a personal touch to the great people that I am selling these too. As I mentioned in the last build, I am a single father raising a 9 year old girl buy my self and work 10 hour days, So time is limited for me to work on these projects. She comes first and WH tractors come after that. As far as I know all the guys that have bought one of these hitches are very pleased and really like them. If your interested , or have questions, please PM me and I will answer them with asap. Here is some pics of the hitches I built on the last build.

202.jpg

203.jpg

http://s1183.photobucket.com/albums/x474/smoreau1673/?action=view&current=204.jpg

012-3.jpg

• Like 1

cheesegrader

Scott,

I am really impressed with my hitch.

I appreciate your call about possible fitting issues (which never came to be) as well.

Couldn't be happier.

I had #240 of suitcase weights on it this weekend.

I can't wait until spring to work it even harder.

Thanks,

Wayne

• Like 1

mattd860

CAN'T WAIT TO RECEIVE MINE!!!!

Scott - what do the receiver hitches weigh?

WheelHorseSteve

PM sent!

Duff

Since this topic is back up on the board, I just wanted to add that these hitches are excellent - well worth the money, very well built and nicely finished!

Another satisfied customer,

Duff

WheelHorseSteve

Agreed!

hitch.jpg

Brrly1

Scott, I am curious if these will also work on a 520xi? Thanks John

AMC RULES

I bet the new two inch angle iron will make 'em even stronger too. :thumbs:

smoreau

CAN'T WAIT TO RECEIVE MINE!!!!

Scott - what do the receiver hitches weigh?

Matt they weigh about 13lbs and with the box and shipping material about 16lbs +/-

Scott, I am curious if these will also work on a 520xi? Thanks John

I will have to look into that brrly, I'm not sure how the rear axle setup is on a 520xi.

I bet the new two inch angle iron will make 'em even stronger too. :thumbs:

Yes Craig, It should be stronger, and a little less time welding also.

I have 5 accounted for already and 2 I am waiting for answers back. If the demand calls for more, that is not a problem, but it will be about a extra week or 2 for Tom and I to get the next ones done.

smoreau

Up date:

Reciever tubes are in and The steel will be ordered in the morning and should get it Mon. I have 6 sold and one in ? That leaves 3 left on this build, but I can get more made by the 2nd week of Feb. I still have not found a pic of the back of a 520xi to answer Brrly1 ? on if they will fit, but I do know they will fit any 3,4,6,8 speed and autoor hydro tractors with a cast iron rear axle from 65-96 except d series tractors and c195.

Brrly1

Scott, boy howdy I feel like a real dummy. When I get home sometime this afternoon after therapy I will pull the xi out and snap a few pictures of it. That would work really neat for moving trailer around the back yard.

Don1977

I can't afford one but I will have to agree that it is well built and worth every bit you are selling them for. I may have to steal you plan and make a copy for myself. I have all the parts just need some 5/32" 7014 rods.

CRE1992

Smoreau, at the moment I don't have the money, nor a wheel horse, but hopefully that will soon change. I should have another wheel horse by summer. If you have an extra one you don't mind holding, or if you are going to make more in the future please let me know, I will take one =D. Just need to sell my cub cadet, and 60" wheel horse deck and I want to find my future 416-8 with a Kohler magnum purchase.

They look great,

-Charles

smoreau

Scott, boy howdy I feel like a real dummy. When I get home sometime this afternoon after therapy I will pull the xi out and snap a few pictures of it. That would work really neat for moving trailer around the back yard.

I think I found a pic of a 520xi last night, It might fit fine if the at was a 520xi, Please post a pic of your 520xi brrly1

I can't afford one but I will have to agree that it is well built and worth every bit you are selling them for. I may have to steal you plan and make a copy for myself. I have all the parts just need some 5/32" 7014 rods.

If you would like I can send you the measurments of the pieces of the hitch to take the guess work out of building it. I don't mind you wanting to save some $$

Smoreau, at the moment I don't have the money, nor a wheel horse, but hopefully that will soon change. I should have another wheel horse by summer. If you have an extra one you don't mind holding, or if you are going to make more in the future please let me know, I will take one =D. Just need to sell my cub cadet, and 60" wheel horse deck and I want to find my future 416-8 with a Kohler magnum purchase.

They look great,

-Charles

Should not be a problem as I will be building more over the next few months, I would like to take about 10 to the Charlott show in Aug.

shallowwatersailor

Still no snow, none in the forecast, and low 60s for today! Scott, here are a few quick pictures of my 518xi and the 1st hitch that I bought from you lined up together. I meant to do this before I mounted it on my C-105 but not even five minutes and it was off. I'm pulling my tires off the 518xi ( good time to put the lug bolt conversion on that I bought from Bob Maynard last summer) as well to get the side view. That way I can size it up better for you and take some better shots.

It appears that the four bolts that hold the transaxle may be a problem as they are low to the axle housing; and the carriage bolts for the rear Attach-A-Matic are right there as well. Perhaps a U-Channel in place of the Angle and then trimmed to clear? By the way, I would like one as well besides brrly1.

DSCN1808-2.jpg

DSCN1809-1.jpg

DSCN1811-1.jpg

DSCN1810-1.jpg

Don1977

Thinks for the offer Smoreau. I will just be using the basic idea, want to raise the receiver higher as my trailer has raised hitch for a 4x4 and I'll be using a piece of 3/8" x 3" for the cross piece. Mine won't look as good as yours but it will get the job done.

smoreau

Still no snow, none in the forecast, and low 60s for today! Scott, here are a few quick pictures of my 518xi and the 1st hitch that I bought from you lined up together. I meant to do this before I mounted it on my C-105 but not even five minutes and it was off. I'm pulling my tires off the 518xi ( good time to put the lug bolt conversion on that I bought from Bob Maynard last summer) as well to get the side view. That way I can size it up better for you and take some better shots. It appears that the four bolts that hold the transaxle may be a problem as they are low to the axle housing; and the carriage bolts for the rear Attach-A-Matic are right there as well. Perhaps a U-Channel in place of the Angle and then trimmed to clear? By the way, I would like one as well besides brrly1. DSCN1808-2.jpgDSCN1809-1.jpgDSCN1811-1.jpgDSCN1810-1.jpg

I can make one to fit that, just reverse the angle iron and make the hitch a little wider and the hitch will have to stick out another 1" This should not be a problem to build at all and would not be a problem for me make the modifications needed for you guys. I will send you both pm's

• Like 1

can whlvr

i must say that your receivers are really nice looking,and i like that you left the factory hitch in place,when i built mine years ago i didnt leave the factory hitch on,i have a hitch that acts like the factory,when you have these receivers its andless what you can do with it,just need some 2inch square tube and some imagination

smoreau

Here is one custome hitch i made for one member that had a different style (homemade) plow mount.

008-3.jpg

007-4.jpg

005-4.jpg

Mykol610

That was mine... I got it on (finally) and it works great. The color is a bit off from the color of my tractor but that's no problem. I'm hoping when we get a few days of cold weather my parents yard freezes and I can get the 2 Horse trailer for me to mess with.

The hardest thing of mine was the pin that connects the origional hitch was a little difficult to get out. I was kind of a pain to get removed but I got it.

Brrly1

Scott, looks like you beat me to it. I'll go ahead and post. They look quite similar.

post-45-0-77697700-1326077029_thumb.jpg

post-45-0-55919000-1326077053_thumb.jpg

smoreau

Up date:

Receivers were here last week and the steel arrived Monday, Tonight Tom and I got most of it cut to size and Tom will do some machining on some of the parts so they will look nice over the next two days. It all is coming together to build the hitches this weekend and shipped by next weekend. All the hitches for this build are sold and If anyone is interested to buy one I can start a build around the first of Feb.

smoreau

* hitches are built and the 2 520xi hitches will be built Sun. they will be primed Mon. and Painted Tue. They will be shipped out next Fri,and Sat. Pic tomorrow

smoreau

All hitches are built for this build,8 regular and 2 for a 520xi. They are in my work shop warming up from the cold and I will prime them tomorrow and paint the next day.

035-4.jpg

036-3.jpg

037-4.jpg

033-3.jpg

034-3.jpg

radarme

I'm interested in one for my C121 auto... let me know if you have another build.