Sign in to follow this  
hounddoghundzsa

Need help with a RJ 59...

hounddoghundzsa

I Finally got my hands on the K91 I've been looking for. Now that my son can reach the pedals, he is anxious to get his tractor going.

First thing we need to make new linkage for the break band. Does anyone have a measurement for the bar that attaches to the break band?

I also need a(n) exaust shield and a belt guard. A k91 recoil would be a plus....

Also one of the fuel tank straps are missing. Anyone got a "cure" for this?

Thanks!

IMG_0172.jpg

IMG_0173.jpg

stevebo

I would be good and sure that you weld a new strap for the tank. After I restored my son's 58 one strap broke then while heading to a show this fall on the trailer the other one broke :banghead:

If you need the rod length, send ,me a pm and I may be able to measure and take a pic or two for you tomorrow.

hounddoghundzsa

What's the best way - weld it on? I was thinking a piece of lumber strapping would work. Or would it be best to solder it.....

stevebo

I would weld it and weld it good but be careful not to blow through the metal. Lumber strap would work.

sorekiwi

My RJ had a Tecumseh recoil on it, while not technically correct I have seen quite a few K91's with them

IMG_1935.jpg

The starter cup that was on it was too short and I ended up finding a Tecumseh one that was too long, and cut it down shorter to fit. I dont have a measurement, and the tractor is long gone, but at least you know that it is possible.

I cant help with the brake linkage question.

I'd weld the fuel tank strap. The tank is reasonably heavy by the time you put fuel in it, which is why they either break the factory weld or the strap. Not a great design from the factory. Ay least you get to weld it before spending a lot of time prepping for paint.

hounddoghundzsa

My RJ had a Tecumseh recoil on it, while not technically correct I have seen quite a few K91's with them

IMG_1935.jpg

The starter cup that was on it was too short and I ended up finding a Tecumseh one that was too long, and cut it down shorter to fit. I dont have a measurement, and the tractor is long gone, but at least you know that it is possible.

I cant help with the brake linkage question.

I'd weld the fuel tank strap. The tank is reasonably heavy by the time you put fuel in it, which is why they either break the factory weld or the strap. Not a great design from the factory. Ay least you get to weld it before spending a lot of time prepping for paint.

I got a couple old techumsehs in the garage. I always take them off and replace them with a good ol Kohler when I get something with one on it. Never liked them. Thanks for the tip!

stevebo

PM sent on the pictures. I measured from center to center. Very easy to fabricate!

hounddoghundzsa

PM sent on the pictures. I measured from center to center. Very easy to fabricate!

Pm sent back at you. lol