Sign in to follow this  
AMC RULES

In Memoriam

AMC RULES

Being the holidays are finally here, I keep seeing references to the feelings of joy everyone is experiencing from spending quality time with our loved ones. I've been thinking about my Grandfather a lot lately, though he passed away back in '85. I'd just to take a moment and pay homage to him by saying thanks for my love of husbandry, and tractors that I obviously got from being around him on his farm back in Venango Pa. during my youth.

wheelhorsinaround284.jpg

Although I don't own a farm now, I am entrusted with caring for one of our nations oldest military reservations, the United States Military Academy, West Point, NY where I am currently employed.

CIMG4751.jpg

A lot of what I do, working alone out in the field, I can attribute to the lessons I gleaned from being around my Grandfather working on the farm, back in the day. So I say thanks to my Grandpa for the memories and life lessons.

Hopefully I can inspire you to share some of yours here too.

• Like 5

Rollerman

Craig, cool pics & thanks for shareing.

Athough my grandfather never had a farm, he did have a large lawn that I helped him with, have many memories of, also learned "life lessons" & a good work ethics. :text-goodpost:

• Like 1

farmer

Interesting post Craig, thanks for sharing. All my Grandparents passed away when I was too young to remember them, and my own parents have been gone ten + years now.....between Christmas and New year I find myself thinking of them though, dark days and having family around make us all reflect I suppose. I see my 'job' is to try to give my fast-growing-up family happy memories of their childhood. After all creating memories is what life's all about. :) Happy New year to you.

• Like 1

AMC RULES

From everything I've seen, you're doing a fantastic job of it too Rex. :text-happynewyear:

Kelly

I learned about working from both my Grandfathers, one was born in the 1800's and lived a hard life with very little, so I learned how to do with what you have, and not to ask for more, he passed in 1985, my other Grandfather owned a junk yard I grew up around junk cars and wheeling and dealing, he taught me about a $1 till I was in my 20's he sold me parts for my cars, I admit not much but never gave me stuff, till I was older, then he said life is not free, I tried to show you that, from then on till he passed in 1998 I got everything I ever needed from the junk yard, just had to put in some labor for Gramps, I miss them alot mostly the last one we were close in the end.

• Like 1

AMC RULES

It's obvious you too are truly blessed from the lessons you learned from both of your Grandfathers Kelly. Thanks for sharing them here too. :thanks: