Sign in to follow this  
hounddoghundzsa

GT14 plow question

hounddoghundzsa

I bought a 1978 plow model # 86-BC01 last summer for my '69 GT14. Last night I started working on getting it all hooked up. It looks like I may be missing a link that attaches the plow to the lift arm on the tractor. Anyone have any pics? What about a gt14 plow manual?

Thanks and Happy New Year!

TT

An 86-42BC01, right?

You can use a piece of chain to lift it if you don't want down pressure.

If you want down pressure, you might need to fabricate your own solid lift link to ensure proper travel. (because of the potential height difference between a "regular" tractor and a GT-14)

You can determine how long to make the link by installing the blade on the tractor, placing a 6 or 8 inch tall block under the cutting edge, and measuring between the link attachment hole on the blade "A" frame and the hole on the lift arm - with the lift in the fully-raised position.

Here's an IPL for a 54" GT-14 blade: LINK

hounddoghundzsa

Yes, your right 86-42BC01. Thanks for the tip! Does the fabricated link have to pivot, or can it be rigid?

TT

It has to pivot at both ends.

Use 1/4" X 1" flat steel for the link & drill a 3/8" hole at each end for mounting. (spaced according to your measurement between the blade & lift arm)

3/8" clevis pins are available at TSC, Fastenal, ACE hardware, etc., or use can use 3/8" bolts with nylock nuts, or double nut them.

hounddoghundzsa

Sounds great! Do you know where I can find a manual for a mid-lift cylinder and control for a GT14? I can only find the rear mount manual...

TT

The mid lift cylinder and control valve was standard on all GT-14 models, so all information on those pieces will be in the actual tractor manual.

hounddoghundzsa

The mid lift cylinder and control valve was standard on all GT-14 models, so all information on those pieces will be in the actual tractor manual.

For the three point? I thought that was an extra?

KC9KAS

I just got a 69 GT-14 myself...The single mid-mount hydraulic cylinder operates both the 3 point hitch and the mowing deck or snow plow or mid-mount grader...etc at the same time.

Hey, you got the 3 point hitch lift arms and top link? I'm missing mine and would like pictures & dimentions. Thanks in advance.

hounddoghundzsa

KC9KAS Yes I can get you measurements and pics prob tomorrow.

Does anyone have a pictue of the 3pt connecting rod in the "tunnel" and hooked up?? Wheelhorse made great tractors, but were terrible at making manuals!

I tried getting the connecting rod hooked up but something is really wrong. It's either really bent or, There's something missing. When I let the hydraulics down the connecting bar hits the forward/reverse mechanism making it go into gear.

Also, my connecting rod has about 6 - 8 holes on one end. I'm assuming to make it adjustible for a specific purpose. I have never seen another one like it.

wh1257

KC9KAS Yes I can get you measurements and pics prob tomorrow.

Does anyone have a pictue of the 3pt connecting rod in the "tunnel" and hooked up?? Wheelhorse made great tractors, but were terrible at making manuals!

I tried getting the connecting rod hooked up but something is really wrong. It's either really bent or, There's something missing. When I let the hydraulics down the connecting bar hits the forward/reverse mechanism making it go into gear.

Also, my connecting rod has about 6 - 8 holes on one end. I'm assuming to make it adjustible for a specific purpose. I have never seen another one like it.

can you send pics for hooked up the snowplow with the 3 pt hitch ?

tbbahner

Here is a link to a bunch of pic of my GT. Hope it helps.

http://s1197.photobucket.com/albums/aa433/twbwhpic/GT14/

Tom B

hounddoghundzsa

http://s1197.photobu.../twbwhpic/GT14/

Tom B

It says it's a private album...

wh1257

http://s1197.photobu.../twbwhpic/GT14/

Tom B

It says it's a private album...

yes its not goed your copied the img code

hounddoghundzsa

Here's some pics of the connector bar hitting on the forward/reverse mechanism. Also a pic of how the plow attaches to the rear with the three point bracket on.

IMG_0175.jpg

IMG_0170.jpg

IMG_0169.jpg

IMG_0171.jpg

Plow/3pt hookup:

IMG_0172.jpg

Here's a pic of the tractor and the three point:

IMG_0173.jpg

IMG_0174.jpg

Brrly1

Scott, just waking up from nap before the Iowa game. Do you have the quick connect bracket that bolts to the front of the axle? The bolts will enter from the back braket that actually holds the lower legs in place? It resembles the old style quick connect bracket. That holds the plow in place. Then you have a piece of steel that is say an 1" wide 1/4" thick with holes approx. 10 1/2" between the holes so its about 11' to 11 1/2" long that will give you the down pressure. The mid- lift is standard. I am curious as to why the long piece of steel has so dang many holes in it. I haven't ever seen anything like that before. Can you pull that bar out and make sure that somebody hasn't made that. If somebody has then there might not be the correct angle on it which would allow the problem you have to happen. Remember just waking up, I will look at this again as son as mind comes back online. Sucks growing old

Brrly1

Ok here we go. I am going to post some pictures that I have of the three point that I have for sale

post-45-0-23420600-1325299492_thumb.jpg

post-45-0-52143600-1325299550_thumb.jpg

post-45-0-87478300-1325299628_thumb.jpg

Brrly1

The third picture gets turned around then it fits on the front side of the rear axle which the bolts go thru the piece that holds the lower legs. I don't know if I have a manual or not. If you look at your next to last picture look at the left side and you can see where the lift cylinder would fit if you had the independent three point setup which is actually another lift valve that mounts to the rear fender with an arm that goes to the front part of the tractor that has a bracket which attaches to the tunnel area which in turn gives you the seperate or independent lift. I hope this makes sense. Stand to the left side of the tractor and you should see a3/4 to 1" hole that or should possibly be inline with the normal lift valve. Does this make sense at all?

KC9KAS

Brrly...I sent you a PM

hounddoghundzsa

Yes makes sense. Is the mid lift cylinder the same used for the independent three point? I was thinking I could use that cylinder and just get new hoses and a control valve...

Could you set the connector bar on the ground like an arch and measure from the ground to center of arch? Maybe I can make some adjustments if it's not correct.

What do you want for the set up out of curiosity??

Might be interested in some 3pt pieces parts - you prob noticed I have a few missing...

By the way - is the bar supposed to ride over top the forward/reverse mechanism or to the left of it?

Thanks John Hope you had a good Christmas!

Brrly1

Scott, I will be going out to the garage a little later today and take a look. I will get back with you then. John

hounddoghundzsa

Sounds good!

hounddoghundzsa

Here's some pics of my 3pt connecter bar....

IMG_0169-1.jpg

IMG_0171-1.jpg

IMG_0170-1.jpg

refracman

Ya somebody made that bar for sure, cant tell for sure but it looks to be off.The bend is in the wrong place and not enough.

I have to take some other measurements tomorrow for another member of some 3pt parts.

Here is the 3pt manual if it works first time addin pics to the new forum

scan0001.jpg

scan0002.jpg

scan0003.jpg

refracman

Ok got some measurements and pics of the bar. I have a spare one pm if interested.

bar stock is 5/8 x 2 the bar is 28 1/2 with the bend, the bend is at 16in and 7in from striaght.

also it has a offset of 1 in

dont wory i confused myself to just now but heres the pics and hopefully this will clear it up some.

075.jpg

078.jpg

080.jpg

077.jpg

RickF

Even Though this thread is now three years old, I just encountered it this winter. The soild link, or downpressure bar is straight. There is a difference in the mounting bracket where the plow frame connects to the rear axle. I happened to have two. One of them holds the plow frame directly under the rear axle. The other one ( the correct one) connects to the frame about an inch and a half FORWARD of the rear axle. this bracket also connects to the plow frame bar, OUTSIDE of the plow frame. There is about 5/8 of an inch on either side of the rearmost, plow frame cross bar, and there are cotter pin holes and pins that keep them centered there. I hope this helps you guys. It's great to have the soild downpressure bar which gives tihs tractor alot of scraping power. It'll let the tractor pick its front wheels off the ground. Good luck. Rick

• Like 1