truckin88

Anti sway bracket / bump stop install on 2 stage blower

truckin88

guys how does it hook up, the pics in the manual show it, but I can't find any holes or bolts to line up to, especially when mounted like the manual.

baerpath

It mounts onto the tractor frame Will. Holes should be there in the frame. I don't use it on mine so don't have a picture of it

Duane

truckin88

the holes on the frame don't mount up this is on my father in laws 520, are these really necessary, how about the belt guard?

MalMac

The holes should be down there on the side of the frame toward the very front. You don't have to use the bracket but I use it. It helps keep the blower sideways movement down so the belt will not walk into the hood. The bracket is if I remember a two piece deal. One bolts onto the frame then the other bolts to the bracket mounted on the frame.

wallfish

MalMac is correct. The belt guard bracket mounts to the frame and the anti-sway bracket mounts to that. I'll try and get you a pic later today

bobert94

the anti sway bracket does not mount on the frame it mounts to another bracket part #117550 this bracket also holds the bellt guard [117552] for the snowblower belt.seems to be common for the bracket to get left on the tractor if it is sold separately from the snowblower. the snowblower will work without it but the belt will probably rub the hood . Hope this helps.

Hydro

IMG_0299.jpg

This photo was not taken to answer your question but you can see part of the anti sway bar in place. It slides into the bracket which is mounted to the right front of your frame ahead of the PTO.

truckin88

hate to be pain can you look at picture of the hookup of the guard and the anti sway to the frame

wallfish

The belt guard, for near the PTO, gets bolted to the frame, the anti-sway bar connects to that,

post-658-0-34765300-1325169657_thumb.jpg

post-658-0-92716500-1325169677_thumb.jpg

post-658-0-75297200-1325169691_thumb.jpg

Hydro

The belt guard bracket front bolt is a bit of a pain to wrench but it does fit.

truckin88

TY for the pics, is the belt guard only one piece? The local dealer thinks he has one.

MalMac

Yes the belt guard on the blower is one piece.

wallfish

TY for the pics, is the belt guard only one piece? The local dealer thinks he has one.

I think that part of the belt guard is almost useless. I never had the sheet metal part for it but I doubt that I would've installed it anyway. You could just make a part out of angle to attach the anti-sway bracket if the dealer price for the bracket is ridiculous.

MalMac

wallfish if your talking about the belt guard that goes on the anti sway bracket I agree. When I first put mine on I thought it was a joke. The only reason I see for it is to satisfy the legal dept. Keep the Lawyers happy.

Hydro

Hey guys. There is the anti sway bar, the bracket it attaches to which attaches to the frame of the tractor and then there is a separate belt guard that covers to the belt, the drive pulley and the idler. The belt guard keeps fingers out of the way. The bracket and the anti sway bar keeps the drive belt from rubbing against the hood. It also keeps the blower in line with the tractor when you are pushing against the side of a snow drift.

Hope this helps. I have pics if you have questions.

HorseFixer
On 12/29/2011 at 9:42 AM, wallfish said:

The belt guard, for near the PTO, gets bolted to the frame, the anti-sway bar connects to that,

post-658-0-34765300-1325169657_thumb.jpg

post-658-0-92716500-1325169677_thumb.jpg

post-658-0-75297200-1325169691_thumb.jpg

Thanks John The Pictures really help. I was on the phone talking to Lowell from WHEEL HORSE PARTS AND MORE ans we go on the subject of the Anti Sway Bracket on the two stage blower. And since I am hooked up to a peritoneal dialysis machine for 9 hrs ea night I couldnt go out and ck. So this morning out to the shop I went. Well there wasn't one on the CHUCKER. Sinc e I had a spare blower I was able to rob it off of it. Since this blower has been operating since 2012 without any problems except the hood getting paint rubbed off one would wonder if it is really needed. I do have a question tho. What are the two nubbins show on the bottom picture for? Also Since Lowell sells it as a 3 piece kit what is the small pies for and where does it go?  Thanks Duke 

JCM

The 2 nubbs are for the small belt guard that attaches with 2 small hairpin cotters. @HorseFixer

wallfish
5 hours ago, HorseFixer said:

What are the two nubbins show on the bottom picture for? Also Since Lowell sells it as a 3 piece kit what is the small pies for and where does it go?

I believe they hold another belt guard that is around the PTO but I never had one

Not sure what small pies are. Can you post some pics?

That belt rub on the hood is about all that anti sway bar is for. Just keeps the thing from being able to sway over that far over

HorseFixer
14 hours ago, wallfish said:

I believe they hold another belt guard that is around the PTO but I never had one

Not sure what small pies are. Can you post some pics?

That belt rub on the hood is about all that anti sway bar is for. Just keeps the thing from being able to sway over that far over

Sorry John I meant to say piece aka the small part shown in the kit, I believe it is the belt Gard you were talking about.

665207861.jpg

wallfish
17 hours ago, HorseFixer said:

piece aka the small part shown in the kit

Yup, that's the belt guard that connects to those pins on the triangle part. Think one of the holes lines up to put a nut and bolt on to keep it tight but not sure. Never had that piece

It's Part #41 on the IPL

https://www.wheelhorseforum.com/search/?q=2 stage blower&quick=1&type=downloads_file