Sign in to follow this  
Monkalunka

Small dump trailer ended up in my garage

Monkalunka

Hello everyone, well we found more Wheel Horse on eba% and decided what the heck since in St Louis they are close so we bought it. She is pretty rough but think that we are going to do a useful restoration, pull her apart paint the outside and re-decal, then on the inside we are going to use the bedliner paint so Colby and toss anything that he wants in there. As you can see in the pics there are stickers on it but no Model tag by the spring bolt assembly so hope someone can tell me the approximate year...I am not sure what year it is from but want to get new stickers on it and didnt know it they are sold or if I should just get some from any year because not really looking to show or sell.

As always...thanks everyone

post-5734-0-99247000-1325006096_thumb.jp

post-5734-0-71386100-1325006110_thumb.jp

post-5734-0-01328800-1325006121_thumb.jp

post-5734-0-72366500-1325006136_thumb.jp

• Like 2

TT

Judging by the crappy newer "paint" on the tub (electrostatically-applied / lack of primer) and the decal style, it's probably a 1978 or 1979 dump cart.

Try 87-05DC01 or 97-05DC01 for model numbers.

• Like 1

Monkalunka

Thanks Terry, my question then now is...Is it really a Wheel Horse trailer????

• Like 1

TT

I am not positive that it was produced "in-house" or if it was "subbed out", but there's no question that it's Wheel Horse. That design has to be the longest-running version ('64 to '82) of any trailer sold with their name on it and probably the most plentiful / popular too.

• Like 1

can whlvr

its funny,up in ontario ive never seen a traditional wagon,only the newer square ones,good find,are you gonna restore it?