Sign in to follow this  
Teddy da Bear

I have aquired #8 today

Teddy da Bear

Well I hope #8 behaves better than #7.

It is a 1972 Raider 10, 6 speed (yeah I know...really 8), with a 48 inch deck.

I thought this tractor was a little small for the 48" deck...but I mowed for an hour with it and it seems to do well.

The "booby" prize was a homemade lawn vacuum. It has like 400 lbs tongue weight (I am not kidding!). I cannot lift it off the ground.

I brought my single place snowmobile trailer to the auction thinking "just tractor'". Then at the last minute the auctioneer says they were going to combine items......sheeesh.. So I won....had to make 2 trips to get everything home.

While I was running back and forth, I told the wife to go bid on these deck shells. They were in excellent shape. Actually better than the one on the tractor. I told her not to bid over $40 for each shell. When I got done with my last run....she told me she won all the decks as they combined them too! She got all 3 for $40. So I will not need deck shells for a long while. But one of the 42" shells seems to be an older style of attaching. I may sell that one.

Picture below.

Attached Image (Click thumbnail to expand)

post-3-1214696034.jpg

Sparky

For some reason this was a tough post to open, but now that it is open I see you scored a fine lookin Raider. I allways liked the "racing stripes" down the center of the hood.

Mike..............

Teddy da Bear

Thank you Sparky....

It gave me trouble opening the link too.

Brrly1

Yes sir, It was kind of tough for me to open also so I switched from laptop to desktop all of a sudden it got alot easier. Burly

BPjunk

Mike,

Nice score at the auction! :WRS: The Raider looks well taken care of.

I really liked the twin engine Wheel Horse at the show and would love to see it pull some time!!!! :whistle:

Wild Bill in Richmond, Va.

Teddy da Bear

Ummmm...Bill?

I was not at the show....and neither was the tractor....because I do not have a tractor (twin engine) like that....it is only my avatar.

But I thank you for the kind words on the Raider.

I mowed with it today... Still hard to get used to that wide deck. But I am making a lot less passes to cut the grass.

BPjunk

Ummmm...Bill?

I was not at the show....and neither was the tractor....because I do not have a tractor (twin engine) like that....it is only my avatar.

But I thank you for the kind words on the Raider.

I mowed with it today... Still hard to get used to that wide deck. But I am making a lot less passes to cut the grass.

Mike, OR somebody correct me if I am wrong .....

Was the twin engined Wheel Horse in Mikes avatar the same twin engined Wheel Horse at the show???? I know one was there because I got the owner to rev the engines up into the micraphone during the parade! :whistle:

I kinda thought some thing strnage as Mikes writting did not seem to match the age of the guy on the tractor at the show.

TT

The one at the show had a stretched frame with the axle clear out front.

Duke has a few pictures of it posted HERE.

Teddy da Bear

I kinda thought some thing strnage as Mikes writting did not seem to match the age of the guy on the tractor at the show.

Wow! I did not know you could tell a person's age by their writing.

Heyyyy....wait just a durn minute... I still don't know if that makes me a young "whipper snapper" or an "old fart"? :whistle:

HorseFixer

Nice tractor Mike glad #8 is turned out better than #7! :whistle:

Duke

DMESS

Looks like a pretty clean machine. :whistle:

I'm with Sparky, the hood stripes always looked cool! :WRS:

Teddy da Bear

Thank you Fixer and Dmess.

I tried to tell my wife my justification for buying this one was.... The racing stripes make it go faster! More time to spend with you "honey".

I am just at a loss as to why she did not buy that. :whistle:

If you look closely....it is actually missing one of it's white stripes. Looks like someone pulled it off recently. Perhaps at the auction.

The stripe should be easy to replace, but I think I will replace them all as the black center stripe is kind of a faded grey/black color.

HorseFixer

Thank you Fixer and Dmess.

I tried to tell my wife my justification for buying this one was.... The racing stripes make it go faster! More time to spend with you "honey".

I am just at a loss at to why she did not buy that. :whistle:

If you look closely....it is actually missing one of it's white stripes. Looks like someone pulled it off recently. Perhaps at the auction.

The stripe should be easy to replace, but I think I will replace them all as the black center stripe is kind of a faded grey/black color.

Mike as your statement to the wife, Maybe the tractor was going so fast the stripe blew off!! :dunno::D:D:D Yeah I used to have to do "LOTS OF JUSTIFYING" when I started last year, Now she likes em as much and if not more than me!!! :D

Maybe she's using reverse psychology on me :D Figuring if she starts likeing um Ill quit! :WRS:

Duke

BPjunk

The one at the show had a stretched frame with the axle clear out front.

Duke has a few pictures of it posted HERE.

Thanks Terry,

I did not look that close and I thought the tractor in Mike's avatar was the same tractor at the show ..... real close lookin'!