Sign in to follow this  
Sparky

My new ride

ce318

The bracket you showed in your pic's looks like some one fabed up a flat front bracket for a JD wheel brush. My neighbors JD has a front connector plate very similar to what you showed. could be someone fabed up the mount to work in WH front and mid mounts to support what ever weight on the front. I sure wish you would let me know what you find out. Merry Christmas. Chris

Sparky

The bracket you showed in your pic's looks like some one fabed up a flat front bracket for a JD wheel brush. My neighbors JD has a front connector plate very similar to what you showed. could be someone fabed up the mount to work in WH front and mid mounts to support what ever weight on the front. I sure wish you would let me know what you find out. Merry Christmas. Chris

If I find out this forum will be the first to know. Its quite possible its a homemade piece and I'll never know what it was for. I dont see myself using it for anything, like a generator mount or something along those lines, so if I dont get it identified it'll be up for sale. I have enough stuff stored around here :eusa-doh: .

Mike..........

Docwheelhorse

I saw the unit up close and its very clean, well maintained and everything the guy worked on was done right with dabs of grease, nice fasteners, pins and do dads and such. I like the look of the Black Hoods and then these Gray jobs.... maybe its just because they are "different" I also happen to like Briggs motors and have seen/had 25-30 year old "Briggs and Scrapem" Alluminum 11's running mint... all they need is routine maintenance and your good to go. But to each there own.... just like the guys that swear by Tecumsehs and Onan 20's....

Someone...... :rolleyes:

JONE00

my friend had one, i swapped the 11hp briggs for a 12 hp kohler, he uses it to pull logs up the hill for firewood never a problem

JONE00

Very nice score, I saw that one on C/L as well.

I'm not real familair with that model Briggs that was original to your tractor but I have a friend that has well over 1500 hrs. on his and it still runs plenty strong. He does keep up on the maintenance religiously. I have some pretty old Briggs motors (one is on my 62 Economy the other a 66 B-10 Allis Chalmers) that have never been rebuilt and they still run very strong.

I have a montgomery ward garden mark squire 10 same as the allis chalmers b10 and simplicity landlord, it has the briggs 243431, my workhorse 700 is also repowered with the briggs 243431, ive never owned an engine that started so easily and such a strong running engine for its age without being rebuilt, but the briggs for my wards does have an issue now maby some of you guys can help me with, before it stopped running, it would start up and idle fine but when i tried to give it gas it would just die out, could it be valves not seating right or need bored over?

truckin88

I saw this on C/L too, but his advertised price spooked me, how unfirm was he? Your pics look like his which is great. You can't go wrong considering what all the accessories and the weights are worth. Plus the Kohler.....awesome haul!!!!

Ken B

Very nice score, I saw that one on C/L as well.

I'm not real familair with that model Briggs that was original to your tractor but I have a friend that has well over 1500 hrs. on his and it still runs plenty strong. He does keep up on the maintenance religiously. I have some pretty old Briggs motors (one is on my 62 Economy the other a 66 B-10 Allis Chalmers) that have never been rebuilt and they still run very strong.

I have a montgomery ward garden mark squire 10 same as the allis chalmers b10 and simplicity landlord, it has the briggs 243431, my workhorse 700 is also repowered with the briggs 243431, ive never owned an engine that started so easily and such a strong running engine for its age without being rebuilt, but the briggs for my wards does have an issue now maby some of you guys can help me with, before it stopped running, it would start up and idle fine but when i tried to give it gas it would just die out, could it be valves not seating right or need bored over?

I'd look into fuel delivery issues first.

Sparky

I saw this on C/L too, but his advertised price spooked me, how unfirm was he? Your pics look like his which is great. You can't go wrong considering what all the accessories and the weights are worth. Plus the Kohler.....awesome haul!!!!

He was very negotiable Will. I established that over the phone before I even made the trip since it was 100 miles each way in my 11mpg truck. He is retired, his wife wants her car back in the garage, has a move to Virginia planned for next year and really wants his garage cleaned out. All those factors made him easy to deal with. He is also very knowledgeable on small engines and how stuff works and his stuff was all very well maintained. He had 3 WH's (2 now ) but is keeping one for snow removal and mowing duty. There was a generator and a Harley (Sportster) a few Craftsmans and the other WH all for sale. He had a couple 8 speed tranny's and a Kohler 12 sitting on a shelf that were also for sale.

Heck, the tractor even came with over a half tank of gas!! How often does that happen :grin: ?

Mike.........

nylyon

The seller was top notch, easy to deal with BUT he knows what he has

Ken B

Hey Sparky, I see you have one of them ultra rare 11 mpg trucks. I have one as well, what is yours? My is an 88 Chevy 4x4 Stepside with a 350 in it. Everything is totally up to snuff on it. I think my poor fuel mileage is due to the larger than stock tires and the lame 3:42 gear ratio. Since the fuel mileage sucks so bad (and can't get much worse anyway) I have been seriously thinking about putting a big block in it. I still wouldn't trade it for a new truck though.

Sparky

Its an "04" Dodge 2500 quad cab 4x4 with a 5.7 HEMI, 3.73 gears and a 5 speed auto tranny. She loves gas!!!

I only put about 3-4 thousand miles on it a year. One problem is the thing is quick for a truck and its a blast to launch it off the line, sounds good as well. I gotta stop that :eusa-whistle: .

Mike...........

Ken B

Not to bad I'd say considering you have a heavy foot. I baby and try to conserve and I'm stuck at 11, and that is on the highway. The B.F. Goodrich all terrains are a killer.

Suburban 550

Nice one, Mike. :thumbs: Good Luck with your new ride.