Sign in to follow this  
truckin88

314-A value

truckin88

Guys,

I need help on this. A close friend has a 314-A (eaton 700 / Kohler K series 14hp). In good shape just needs a basic going through and a new seat. Tires hold air. 48in deck in decent shape. 1500hours on a work hour meter. Doesn't appear to burn oil, but not sure. Everything is straight no major rust issues. Original owner, all literature is included. Has hub caps. I would be buying this to keep as it has HUGE sentimental value to me. What is fair market value on this. I have had a bunch or tractors as you know, I can't grasp a value on this one.

Thanks for the help,

Will

Sparky

Well its not a low hour machine, it has the less desirable light duty hydro and manual lift so it shouldn't be an expensive machine. I cant toss out a dollar amount without seeing a couple pics.

Mike.....

truckin88

Guys, pics not avail. It is clean, not a cream puff, it mowed 1500 hours, it only mowed, always garaged. Like I said major cosmetic issue is the seat.

Ken B

I'd probably max out at 375-450 if i was looking for one.

can whlvr

as we all know location is a big factor,up here i wouldnt pay more than 350,like said weak hydro,lots hours,manual lift,but thats up here

Hodge71

You cant let the sentimental value talk your pocket into giving extra presidents away. I would say in this area of PA the value would be around $400 with the deck and hubcaps. The hours on the Kohler dont worry me as much as 1500+ hours on an Eaton 700. Really gotta know how well it was maintained. My Dads 73 12 auto probably has 5000+ hours on the Kohler and Sundstrand but its been meticulously kept since new.

truckin88

Thanks guys, btw Jeff, my wife is from sugarloaf, her family just moved by us in NY after 50 years in the valley. We even just went to Berwick to get 520-H for my father in laws new house, gotta love the papershop.

Rooster

I have to disagree completely on sentimental value.

If it is important to you to own it, get it. My dad has an Allis "C"...we rebuilt it , complete resto when I was about 12. It would cost somone what 10 of them are worth to get that thing away from me when Dad is gone!

I make money every day, I can never make THAT tractor again.

But I believe the question was about fair Market Value....so we are probably off topic, lol!

varosd

If you can swing a good deal great! but, sometimes the value isnt in the $ amount. like when the wife may say "why do we nickle and dime this old rig, why dont we just something new" (gasp!) like the difference between a 1969 RS Camaro (don't ask) and a new car..no, questions there. the Camaro would rule (or fill in the blank). long winded, sorry I guess in a previous post, I was thinking about "common or undesirable models" that along with all the old stuff (including me and you) are becoming scarce! Everyone we can save and restore counts. does this sound crazy? always remember "Front Towards Enemy" :D

steamfitter

WILL I KNOW WHERE THERE IS A 314/ 8 AND A 417A ?? STABLE YOU HAVE BEEN TO A FEW TIMES