Sign in to follow this  
KC9KAS

GT-14 Question

KC9KAS

I have a 1969 GT-14 and was wondering if there should be some type of grill on the front, as the plastic fuel tank is exposed. Looks like this could be punchured very easy....Any one?

• Like 1

oldredrider

Apparently, the 1969 grill design was an "oops" moment for WH. The 1970 and later models had a solid front grill.

CRAZY4WHEELHORSES

Hello, I have a 69 as well and the grill is the tank........they like to come apart at the seams so if you ever take the fuel line off.....be very gentle with her....and dont over tighten the cap as this is another weak spot ( the seam).....and yes not a good design really and expensive to say the least, if you have to replace, I would like to design a shield that looked ok, but nothing so far, it always worries me around the wood pile and woods, hope this helps you out, take care and merry Christmas! :ychain:

refracman

Crazy is right in saying that the tank is fragile if you mess with it. Allied made a attachment called the gard-n-cart that would give you the protection or you can get the 70-73 front end. I have one of these gard-n-carts and they are made heavy duty. Here is the Allied sheet out of the 1972 dealers book for it. scan0001-2.jpg

KC9KAS

OK, thanks fellas....Maybe I can make some type of grill out of the hood/grill of the 1077 parts tractor.

I messed with the GT tonight, and got it fired up and drove it up the block and back.

Really moves, but I need to get a muffler on it....It is loud. I put a metal guard between the engine & fuel tank so I didn't melt the tank and burn the tractor to a crisp!

Looks like I need the lower arms and the link mechanism that connects to the top lift arms for the 3 point hitch....Any ideas where I idea these items?

refracman

The grill can only be replaced with a gt14 grill. I have a 70-73 if your interesed send me a pm. As for the 3pt stuff I know I have the link/ bar that goes from the mid rock shaft to back but unsure if I have the rear rock shaft. I'll look if you want.