Sign in to follow this  
Docwheelhorse

Put on nearly 13 miles on the B80 today!!!!

Docwheelhorse

Hello All and Happy Holidays!

Today I made some time to finally get some firewood put together..... yah I know its late but I have been busy as heck.

Well the firewood was 9/10ths of a mile from my house and was free and well seasoned. I made 7 round trips at 1.8 miles each... for a total of 12.6 miles in the saddle. I burned 2 gallons of gas doing it so at full bore in 3rd high my tractor is pulling roughly 6 mpg :)

I started spliting it up and have roughly 4 cords left to split and stack.... had a ball and the little B80 with a pull start Kohler Mag 8 is tough as nails!

Someday soon the loader will go on a C series with a full gear reduction forward swept axle and then it will be a force to be reckoned with.

Today I also met AMCrules and am always glad to meet other members.

Tony

post-435-0-02777000-1324260071_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

stevebo

That has to close to a record in one day... Good to see you working them Tony!

squonk

That loader bucket created too much wind drag. If you took it off I bet you would have gotten 7MPG!icon_29.gif

• Like 1

Coadster32

That's alot of seat time in one day. :omg:

can whlvr

those little 8hp get pretty good mileage when pulling a load

WheelHorseSteve

A true testament to what these Kohler short blocks are capable of. That is one heavy load... plus the loader and the wheel weights... impressive! :thumbs2:

Docwheelhorse

Hi....

wheel weights is an understatement, the tractor has both inside and outside weights for a total of 110 on each wheel plus if you look close there are (3) 15 pound steel slugs epoxied to each side of the fender. So there is 155 pounds on each wheel plus my 215 plus the bare tractor weight of 550 or so plus the loader must weigh 350. All together the tractor weighs roughly 1425 with me on it. Then the trailer weighs around 250 and I would expect 1000 lbs for each load of wood..... and your looking at 3000 lbs being moved around by 8 hp/18 cubic inches! :blink: People are amazed at what the thing does..... Only thing it needs is a front disk brake conversion!! :D

AMC RULES

:thumbs: I can legally attest to this fact having seen it early this morning with my own eyes.

:eusa-think: I imagine at that rate of travel, you must have worked well into the night Tony? :eusa-doh:

:angry-extinguishflame: You know I'm just kidding buddy, :handgestures-salute: nice meeting meeting you and Sparky both.

Docwheelhorse

Hi Craig,

I quit @ 4:30..... @ 6 mph it was taking roughly 10 minutes each way.... 7 trips @ 20 minutes took me 140 minutes or 2 hours and 20 minutes...... rest of the day (I started around 9:30 I think) was spent loading/unloading/splitting/eating lunch.

Glad to meet you today.

Tony

Duff

Now these are the stories that really make this place fun! Thanks for sharing!

Duff

wheelhorse656

wow an awsome!! I bet that was alot of seat time!!!

squonk

Tractor Supply sells "Anti-Monkey Butt " powder for these occasions!

• Like 1

Jake Kuhn

Wow,That is pretty amazing!

KC9KAS

That is about the same MPG I get from my extended cab Silverado Z71!

No doubt about it, these tractors are "Work Horses"!

grnlark

Hey this is a tractor forum - enough with all the mathematical equations. Lol! Impressive days work!

varosd

Wow! I didnt think that a B-80 could handle a FEL! and all that weight! great job!

Docwheelhorse

R U Kiddin!!!! Lol It may be a B80 but it still says Wheel Horse on the fender NOT JOHN DEERE! ;) Yes its being overworked...... plans for a "built" C series with forward swept gear reduction axle are on the board.

Merry Xmas

Tony

sorekiwi

I thought you'd be using the 1054 Loader by now!

Docwheelhorse

Well the 1054 is still sitting just the same way I got it...... my workshiop was already suppose to be built but now looks like it will be well into January.... sigggghhhhhhhh then I will drag it in and start working on it.

Tony

rexman72

wow never seen a loader on a B80.very nice.