Sign in to follow this  
Kelly

One of my many other hobbys/collections

Kelly

I have for years been collecting old signs and gas station related stuff, I'm not big into it, but have always thought the stuff was neat, I have 30 or so old gas station signs including a Zepher sign from my FILs old gas station, I picked up a couple old gas pumps a few years ago, well about 10 years ago, I traded a junk car for them and at the time the car was worth about $50 so I did good, those are up by a shed in the driveway waiting for me, I plan on them being a project in the future not anytime soon, but I'm always on the look out for stuff, well yesterday as I made my weekly trip to the scrap yard I seen this old gas pump in pretty good shape for being from the late 40' early 50's I knew they were closing in about a half hour so I ran up front and asked how much? Brad the guy running the place told me $50, I said sold and ran home to get the trailer back in time to get it loaded before closing, this is a popular model unlike the others I have, so repo parts are easy to come by, this may get a restore in the near future, like I need another project, well here is my find.

100_3989.jpg

100_3987.jpg

Jake Kuhn

Looks great Kelly! You have alot of luck at he scrapyards,if that was at the place near me they would want $250,Jake

Indy w h

Good looking pump !! My neighbor used to work for a few gas stations around here and he's got a pretty good collection of signs and pumps that he has restored

Indy

AMC RULES

That resto shoud be done up as a custom :wh: pump, being that it is already the correct red to begin with. Maybe The Vinyl Guy could make up some custom graphics to finish it off, and put it over the top? :wicked:

squonk

Do you have any pump with the little whirly vane that spins as the gas goes thru? I grew up with those. I was at an auction this spring that had all kinds of gas station stuff. That pump you just got would have been over $300 easy. :scared-eek:

Monkalunka

a custom wh pump would be very cool...but either way ya go the old pumps are great...just like the tractors we love...simple, red and ready to go....really cool swap Kelly

chirs

wheelhorse656

This is very neet kelly i really have no luck at scrap yards. Im thier every 2 or 3 days to.....

Kelly

Do you have any pump with the little whirly vane that spins as the gas goes thru? I grew up with those. I was at an auction this spring that had all kinds of gas station stuff. That pump you just got would have been over $300 easy. :scared-eek:

All 3 pumps have the spinny thing, if you lok at the top of this pump you will see the sight glass, with the stainless around it, and yes it is in this shape a $300 to $500 pump, and it will be a Sunoco or Standard pump when done, WH would be cool, but I would like it close to a orig. style when done, and I have always like Sunoco stuff, collected the commemorative coins from there as a kid.

massey

Nice find, I'm also into the old pumps, signs, can, globes, etc. Never got lucky like that, be sure to post pick when it's done.