Sign in to follow this  
horsenut

75 C120 Automatic ...snowblower question

horsenut

I have a 75 - C120 that I am looking for a snowblower for. Well actually I've located one but not sure if it would fit. I found it on Craigslist and wouldn'lt know a 65 snowblower from an 85 snowblower. I do know mine has the 'tachamatic' on the front with the release pin. Is there any other discernable feature I should look for? I know it won't stay up forever but here is the link to the one I am looking at I figure for $100 even if I have to paint it and put some new bearings in it would easily be worth that money...

Appreciate any advice...thx

TT

:WRS:

I removed the CL link from your post per the but not before I looked at the listing.

That thrower will definitely fit your C-120, so the rest is up to you. :handgestures-thumbup:

• Like 1

horsenut

Thank you very much...This one wheelhorse is my 'beloved tractor' I have a herd of Speedexexs and a few Cases...but one WH...and I love it...My dad bought it new in 75 and it has been operational 'almost' everyday since.

Can you tell me what length of belt I'll need? I see it desperately needs restored but with winter upon me I think I'll relegate the restoration till spring...but will need the belt and maybe bearings, well maybe I'll do the bearings before winter...

Thx again...Wow! I love the new forum...quite awesome and sorry about the rule infraction!

TT

The OEM # 9750 is a pretty popular belt for that tractor/thrower combination.

It is 69" long by 5/8" wide.

• Like 1

varosd

• Welcome!

horsenut

To all whom have offered help and advice...I wish to say thank you...

I got the blower home this evening I purchased it from DodgeRam on this forum. The blower was not quite 'tied up' but still is showing definite signs of wear and tear. He did give me a good deal so ...how do you go wrong? I brought it home, started immersing parts in the 'purple power deruster' and then hit all the bearings and moving parts with Kroil and a ton of PB, I removed the wheels cleaned em up greased em with synthetic grease and remoounted them. After freeing up the chain and the rest of the bearings, I straightened out the auger and now that it rolls freely and auger spinI do believe we are ready for our first winter on the WHorse. I have a little bit of welding to do tomorrow and have to come up with some reasonable means to turn the chute since the cable is broke. So, for this winter it may be a mechanical move...then next season when I do a complete restore I'll get the chute hooked up properly. Tmorrow I will hit it with some 'Red' paint and mount it up to the Tractor...

Thanks again and I'll post up some action shots for you guys when the SHTF...Lol winter is coming...

horsenut

Now are there any instructions on hookup? I haven't got it to the tractor yet,,,I'd imagine it is pretty self explanatory...except I am not sure about the lift mechanism...yes my 120 does have the hydraulic lift...

dodgeramsst2003

I'm glad to hear that it went to someone who could work on it and make use of it! It was just going to continue to sit if it was here! It was nice meeting you and talking tractors for a bit. I'm not that far from you so if you ever need a hand with anything let me know.

Chris

• Like 1

can whlvr

there are pics somewhere of the hookup but its fairly simple,the 3/4 bar on the blower go into the front hitch,the flag slides into the rod,the other end of the flag hooks to the bell crank that is moved by the lift there are 2 cranks on the bell,use ths one that is towards the rear,when it moves forward it pushes the thrower up,the other end of the rod goes to the pin on the front lower part of the thrower,belt routing is in the pinned area,in the tractor section at the top of the page called very helpful posts,look in there and you will find it

horsenut

I didn't find nor look to hard for the instructions. I got it hooked up and it is spinning. Couple of little issues...First There must be some 'spacers for the lift bar, mine only raises the blower about 1/4" so if I were to put a few 3/4" spacers or cut a length of 3/4" ID pipe say 1 that would give me more 'lift' and resolve that issue. Also the cable for my chute is 'hosed' anyone rig up anything more robust than the cable? Although I have more Speedexes and Cases I am beginning to really enjoy this forum...thanks again...

Chris you're a class guy and one hell of a welder!!!

The belt issue, the 69x5/8" is very taut and hits the front axle crossmember, as well as the blower housing. I think a 70x1/2" belt would be a much better fit ideas? the blower is a 06-42ST02 17260.

Irv

Yes, the washers are used for spacers, 2 or 3 of them should do it. You can get the coated cable for the chute at Home depot or Lowes. I think I used about 1/8"

TT

If you have the "flag" installed in the hole closest to the shaft in the lift arm that points toward the ground, then you can add spacers to the pin on the flag to gain more lift height. Don't expect it to lift more than a few inches though - they really aren't supposed to.

Heavy gauge string trimmer line can also be used on the chute:

You might want to check this topic out too:

Can't help you much with the drive belt. The IPL shows #9750 as the correct belt and that's what I have on my personal thrower. It's actually listed as an 11/32" X 69" belt here http://outdoorpowerinfo.com/belts/wheel_horse_belts.asp :confusion-shrug:

fourwheels0

horsenut the first link TT posted is the one i started.

the string trimmer line works great. give it a shot.

Paul D.

I have a c141 that when I got it it had a 69" belt on it as well. It rubbed on the axle too. I ended up with a 70" belt. It doesn't rub and there is still plenty of tension. I believe they made a shorter version of these tractors that did use a 69" belt but it doesn't sound like that's what you have.

Paul D.

I just checked my snow thrower manual and it calls for a 9570 belt. I believe that the 70 in the 9570 is the length. Actually the shorter belt was for the 74 and 75 B series and for 73 and Prior short frame models

TT

9570 is just the Wheel Horse part number and is not indicative of the belt length.

dodgeramsst2003

Jim,

Glad to hear you got it mounted up. Can I (well we) see a picture or two of it on your tractor?

horsenut

Alright ...wow, super support here.

I have to admit I am kind of intimidated by the cable setup. Not that I can't do it, but - to me there is probably a 'better way' that would be more 'robust'...although I may 'cave in' and give it a shot. As for belt length I too think I'll buy a 1/2" x 70 belt and give it a shot. I will report back probably next weekend...In the meantimeI have a chevy truck that seems to have popped a coolant leak so I better find out what that is ASAP. And the blower chute base is kind of 'warped' and needs to be flattened out in order for it to sit properly on the flange opening. Which prior to any 'real fix' that has to occur.

and I am going to need some Chains for this...where do I get em...Thx to all

Merry Christmas,

HorseNUT - Jim

horsenut

Jim,

Glad to hear you got it mounted up. Can I (well we) see a picture or two of it on your tractor?

Sure Chris, I'll have to grab one for you tomorrow or as soon as I can, you know I am working these LONG days and many days a week, we are actually building Jeeps the week between Christmas and New Years, this is the first time in my 34 years of employment at Jeep that we have ever built Jeeps during that time frame...so be kinda patient with me...But, you will see some photos...

can whlvr

do you have the belt on right,look at the pinned section,i have put it on wrong and it rubbed the axle

horsenut

Yes the belt is on correctly and it is very close to the axle as in the photo. I just wonder if the clearance I need won't be attained with the narrower belt...to allow it to sink into the pulleys just a tad more and that would give me the leeway I need...Maybe I'll go with a 69 x1/2 instead of the 69x5/8, or maybe a 70x12 oh well maybe I'll get both and see which one fits better...Thanks

TT

Do you have the belt installed on the outside (smaller) groove of the PTO pulley? That's actually the correct groove, but some of us use the inside (larger) groove to make the thrower spin faster. :thumbs2: Even though the instructions state to use the outer groove, the belt usually lines up better on the inside groove. :scratchead:

If you try to run a new belt on the inside groove, it will be tighter and closer to the axle beam.

Once the belt stretches, it should be fine.

• Like 1

horsenut

Do you have the belt installed on the outside (smaller) groove of the PTO pulley? That's actually the correct groove, but some of us use the inside (larger) groove to make the thrower spin faster. :thumbs2: Even though the instructions state to use the outer groove, the belt usually lines up better on the inside groove. :scratchead:

If you try to run a new belt on the inside groove, it will be tighter and closer to the axle beam.

Once the belt stretches, it should be fine.

Thanks TT...and ya it is on the smaller one...only thing that is contrary to your 'guiding' hand is it is touching however lightly but it does touch the blower case. So, my supposition is that the smaller belt would go into the pulley deeper thus keeping it from touching the blower case...I'll mess with it in the next couple of days...I am sure it would be good enough...but as you know good enough...sometimes LOL we tractor guys are anal ha ha ha

TT

Have you tried loosening the bolts through the flangettes on the jackshaft bearing so you can pull the pulley/jackshaft back away from the auger housing?

Sometimes there's a little movement there and it may be enough to keep the belt from touching. :confusion-shrug:

horsenut

Have you tried loosening the bolts through the flangettes on the jackshaft bearing so you can pull the pulley/jackshaft back away from the auger housing?

Sometimes there's a little movement there and it may be enough to keep the belt from touching. :confusion-shrug:

Nope, but worth a shot...I've got a couple of 'try me' ideas so let the chips fall where they may...I will report back...Thanks again