Sign in to follow this  
AMC RULES

Seat pan artwork.

AMC RULES

wheelhorsinaround276-1.jpg

Lately I've grown quite tired of looking at my bare seat pan, decided to spruce it up a little until it's reupholstered. So what do you think now, is it a go, or no go? :confusion-shrug:

• Like 1

smoreau

I like it! now if you could get that on a padded seat when you get it reupholstered, I would buy one of those for sure.

Sparky

Real cool!! What are looking at? Freehand painting, stencil or decals?

Mike.......

Monkalunka

that is AWESOME!!!!!! if there was a way to get that on a pad I'm all in, and if that is a decal I have to get one for my truck.

Chris

Wheel Crazy

That is freaking awesome!!! That looks way better than a padded seat!!! Very cool!! Very good job!! The paint looks great!!

• Like 1

AMC RULES

No guys, it's just freehanded right onto the metal seat pan itself. It's the pan for my '68 Commando that I spray bombed with Eastwoods silver rust encapsulator earlier this summer. I drew the logo on the pan about a month ago, wondering what it would ultimately look like. Started putzing around by painting the wheel first using the old style wheel design, didn't like that, and modified it into the later style ag design instead. Then I tried to ignore it laying in the basement, but couldn't. I decided to just hand draw, and paint the horse head a couple of weeks ago. Couldn't take looking at that anymore, so I filled in the background yesterday, all was completed with a small arts and crafts paint brush by hand, just to waste some time here and there. So at this point I'm trying to decide, do I put the registered trademark "R" in the wheel center, or maybe the year of the tractor "68", to give it more of a custom look? Still wondering about the whole copyright infringement thing too, so I'm just playing with the idea at this point. I'll give you a couple more picts of it outside later on today.

massey

You did a nice job, that looks great. I'll bet the orders are flying in already.

AMC RULES

:dunno: I'd entertain the idea if there is any interest, you would supply the seat pan of course. :eusa-think:

71_Bronco

Very cool, and neat that it is free-hand.

Only thing I would make sure is that you clear it or protect it somehow so that the paint doesnt flake or rub off as you get on / off the seat.

Other than that, I give it 2 thumbs up :handgestures-thumbupright: :handgestures-thumbupright:

krazy_horse

I like it!! All I have on my 856 is a bare seatpan,this gives me ideas.

• Like 1

AMC RULES

So, did you ever give it a try?   :scratchead:

Wishin4a416

I like it. A smaller version would even look great on the rear of the backrest panel.

• Like 1

AMC RULES

:text-yeahthat:

I saw the whole seat area as a canvas for the horse and wheel logo...something different I hadn't seen before.

I was also going to letter Wheelhorse across the the seat back too.

Should probably revisit this project and finish it up at some point soon.   :handgestures-thumbsup:  

312Hydro

You're not actually going to sit on it ,are you? That's really nice artwork. I waste a lot of time but never do something nice like that seat. Very creative, Craig. :handgestures-thumbupright: :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 1