Sign in to follow this  
Monkalunka

is there a rear discharge deck made for this?

Monkalunka

hello all, I am very new at this and looking to by tractor and found this and was wondering if there was ever a rear discharge deck that was made for it

1964 Wheel Horse 704 garden tractor. This started life as a 654, but the engine was bad and I like the Kohler powered models better. The 654, 604 and 704 were all essentially the same tractor except for the engine. It has a PERFECT running Kohler (k181) 8hp engine. No smoke or unusual noises, it just runs FANTASTIC and starts on the first or second pull every time. I have changed all fluids (gear lube and engine oil) in the past year. It has the Miller Tire dual kit with four General 6-12 AG tires

Monkalunka

hi again, sorry for the double post but also would be looking for a snow blade if possible....to let you know...I have no idea what I am doing my 9 year old son and I are looking into getting into the restoration of tractors....we know that this one is not all original but he loves the cool dules

Monkalunka

sorry again but after looking through the site I saw that pics are almost a mustpost-5734-0-35272200-1322872580.jpgpost-5734-0-13613800-1322872593.jpgpost-5734-0-21717900-1322872604.jpg

can whlvr

really nice lookin tractor,they look tough with the duals

Monkalunka

thanks, not sure if worth anything money wise but my son loves it.

TT

:WRS:

I'm only guessing that you aren't aware that that tractor belongs to RedSquare member (Jon) "bell".

The original mower decks for that style of tractor were all rear discharge. (some had removable side covers that would allow clippings to be thrown out both sides too)

Monkalunka

No reason to guess...I had no idea, but being associated with site makes me feel a little better...now I hope .that he is a good member

Monkalunka

thanks for the info Terry...I tried to post back from my cell phone and didnt work out so well...but I had no idea that he was a member...I hope that is a good thing, I will traveling from St Louis to pick it up plus the auction isnt up intil this evening but I'm pretty determined due to my son liking it so much...I just hope that the price does not go up much more

squonk

Her's my 704 with original RD deck. Snowblade for this tractor would be a short frame style. You will need the rear plow hanger also.

DSCF0750.jpg

Monkalunka

Thanks Squonk...by the way...great pic yours is beautiful!!! If I get this one it will be more of a resto-mod...LOL...just want to be able to do soemthing with it.