Sign in to follow this  
DMESS

Anyone familiar with YELLOW?

DMESS

Curious if anyone here is familiar with Cub Cadets? Father-in-law and I were mowing HIS FIL's lawn last night (several acres) and his 1440 CC took a dump. Electric clutch seems to have locked up and I'm just looking to see if anyone has had any experience with them. When the clutch locks, the tractor won't start as it has some type of indicator that senses the pto being engaged. Needed to finish the job and it was getting late so I didn't look close at it. The clutch got noisy first and started slipping. They shut her down, but then after just moving it around (disengaged) it decided to lock up.

The best part of the evening for me was draggin' that CUB home with a 520-H!(which finised the job nicely to boot) :whistle: My brother-in-law bumped the release valve by accident which locked the rear on the Cub and I still drug him home!

DMESS

OUCH! $323 big ones!

PTO clutch

CasualObserver

well... that's better than you can order it direct. Here's what it runs on the Cub online parts warehouse.

Attached Image (Click thumbnail to expand)

post-11-1214493599.jpg

CasualObserver

However.... you can get one here for $290!!

CC Specialties (Spring Valley, MN)

DMESS

I'm afraid it's going to be ugly either way!

TT

A fellow I used to work with has replaced 3 PTO clutches in 5 years on his CC. (I forget what model though. :whistle: ) The first two were under warranty, but the last one was "his".

I kept teasing him about only paying $250 for my 416H (whole tractor) and he paid $320 for just a PTO clutch. :WRS:

DMESS

LOL TT! He bought this new but it is LONG out of warranty. Looks like you need an impact wrench to pull it but I'm still doing research. I know the dealer will rape him if he takes it there! I don't imagine it can be serviced or rebuilt?

DMESS

He's already put about a grand into the rear end on this machine a few years back. I don't know the exact specifics, but the transmission more or less separated from the frame! Silly yellow turd! :whistle:

CasualObserver

If it can be rebuilt... CC Specialties is the place to ask. It's owned as a side business by a very well know IH Cub collector. He may even give you a core credit on the bad one. See my post above for the link.

DMESS

If it can be rebuilt... CC Specialties is the place to ask. It's owned as a side business by a very well know IH Cub collector. He may even give you a core credit on the bad one. See my post above for the link.

Good call Jason. I've been trying to get ahold of the in-laws before they "haul it in". Knowing them though, they are probably taking it in the tail as we speak! He's never been one to fool with things like this himself. Other than needing the impact driver it looks like a simple R&R job.

kpinnc

Dustin, I have one of those clutches at home. Don't know if it's the same thing for sure or not, nor do I know if it even works. If you can get me some measurements on it, we may be able to verify if it is the same one.

Let me know.

Kevin

DMESS

Dustin, I have one of those clutches at home. Don't know if it's the same thing for sure or not, nor do I know if it even works. If you can get me some measurements on it, we may be able to verify if it is the same one.

Let me know.

Kevin

Thanks Kevin, but I don't have access to it right now unless I run over there. I KNOW he will want a brand new part anyway cause' he's just that way! LOL

Thanks for the offer though. :whistle:

kpinnc

ok

DMESS

Well, we found the problem and it sure was the clutch! bearing in the rear facing the engine was trashed and locked up. As soon as well pulled the clutch she started right up. Local dealer quoted it at $360! :whistle: We found an aftermarket replacement online for $160. Figure we can put the aftermarket on twice for the cost of the factory Warner.