Sign in to follow this  
njdpo

Move a snow blower attachment from C-175 to Commando 800 ?

njdpo

Hi all,

I am looking at a snow blower/chains/weight combo for my command 800

which WERE mounted on a C-175 Twin 8 Speed.

I need to know if the snow blower – from that C-175 will fit on my COMMANDO 800.

Lets not get into whether the COMMANDO 800 has enough power for the snow blower.

If I can get it bolted up – I would be willing to toss a 10+hp motor into the COMMANDO.

Then I'll rebadge it as a Command 1000... :)

So ... WILL IT FIT?

Prompt responses very much appreciated - as I don't want to get this combo to get snapped up from under me...

Thanks !!! Dave

TT

Yes - it will fit. You will need a different drive belt.

Kelly

And I think you will need to cut a few inches off the lift tube.

njdpo

Thanks guys...

Regarding : lift tube.

Were there different lift tubes sold - depending on what tractor your trying to attach it too ?

If this lift tube has to be cut, i assume it has to be shortened to accommodate a smaller tractor ? If it has to be cut - does it have to be welded ?

Regarding drive belt:

I assume the drive belt from the mower deck will not be appropriate for the snow blower ?

Where can I get the required belt size for this configuration ?

Regarding : Engine size:

My focus on this thread was to determine IF the unit will fit on a Commando 800 (with an 8hp motor).

Now that it looks like It will - I'm am curious to know...

Does anyone know if I have any chance of driving the snow blower attachment with an 8HP motor - or am I most certainly going to need to step up to a bigger engine ?

I was thinking I would not try and attempt 18 inch snow drifts - but take less taxing passes working on 6-8 inch snow falls - even if I have to go out several times during a long snow storm.

Thanks - Dave

can whlvr

dont know if she will drive the blower or not,you can always try it,the first pass will be tricky,the lift tube will get cut on the open end,the part that the flag slides into,so thats a real easy fix ,no welding needed

pfrederi

When I used a blower on a C81 I spent a lot of time in low range, which you will not have. It is the first pass that is a killer as you have to take a full bite. Later passes you can adjust the amount you take. You can get by slipping the clutch (especially if you have a short first pass) but that is hard on the drive belt.

njdpo

Hi pfrederi

Thanks for that *valuable* information - I kinda suspected that might be the case.

It turns out - that where my long driveway meets the road - I need to be very careful with the manual snow blower I currently have (because of the way it was paved)...

For this reason Ive been thinking - I would probably need to make my way once down the driveway with the manual blower - to clean up this particular area... to make sure that the auger on the wheel horse would not get damaged near the area where the driveway meets the road...

And with that being said - this would be the initial first pass which would be "tough" on the little 8hp engine - where I would need to be careful.

I'm interested in knowing - was your C-81 with the 8hp engine (AND low range trans ) easily able deal with larger snowfalls?

Or would you have preferred to have a larger engine as well ? (assuming something like a 10HP perhaps )?

Regardless - Im going to try and get that combo this weekend.

Thanks for your input - Dave

pfrederi

The C81 had no problem with the blower if i used low range in the heavy stuff...just takes forever to get down the driveway.

Next I used a Charger 12 with the blower. Could do the job faster and teh hydro lets you match the speed to the load better.

92a7a0162408479.jpg

Now I am using a 418-A. (There is no substitute for cubic inches !) During last years 20+inch storm she cleared the driveway no problem...She is a gas hog however. Used a full tank of gas on my driveway and the one nearby

can whlvr

i wouldnt want my 10 hp blowing 10 and 12 inch snow falls too much,like stated theres no replacing hp with lots of snow or thick grass

njdpo

Well I got the 42 in (107cm) Snow Blower, weights and chains (very nice condition) last night for $300.

I even got the OPERATING AND MAINTENANCE INSTRUCTIONS manual with it. The owner seems to have taken very good car of everything.

I see in the owner manual that they also speak of cutting the lift tube by 1 1/2 in (3.8 cm) off the rear end of the tube.

A shame I have to cut the tube - I'd really prefer not to do that... In case I get a larger tractor - I dont want to have to find another lift tube.

Since I have this manual - I will probably scan it and keep it with my other related files.

Do we have a need for this manual online ? PN: 810264R1 - I think (dont have my glasses with me).

can whlvr

if you cut the tube save the piece so you can weld it on if you get another machine or you can use 3/4 inch washers to shim it if you dont have acess to a welder

njdpo

thanks for the tip with the washers - I was wondering how all this fits together... and if saving the cut off piece is worth it. I will save it.

I really struggle with the manual that came with the unit.

With the lack of pictures, and detailed install instructions, AND my never seeing one of these close up.

?? Im wondering if any of you know of some good closeup photos of how all this fits together ??

can whlvr

sorry dont have pics,there are lots here,i just dont know where,but the lift has 2 peices,a flag and a tube,one end of the flag slides in the tube,the other end of the flag hooks to the bell crank,the opposite to the one for the mower deck i use the bottem hole,the other end of the tube that has the hole and a bend hooks to the blower,some flags have an eye bolt that takes the lift spring and the other end of the spring goes to the foot rest shaft,and im prettysure there are pics of the belt routing,check the pinned area