Sign in to follow this  
Raider12

Plow Extension for hte 520's How much longer is it?

Raider12

Does anyone know how much the extension kit adds the length of the snow plow when mounted?

Thanks

Denver

jusjeepn

Long enough for the blade to clear the tires. :help::dunno::wh: I don't have a measurement for the factory adapter but mine is 14" from center to center of the rods. Mine was made to accomodate my 60" blade so I'm sure it's longer than the factory one.

Shuboxlover

I don't have an exact either, but 6-8" rings a bell

zieg72

Does anyone know how much the extension kit adds the length of the snow plow when mounted?

Thanks

Denver

4 1/2" is what I measure

Kelly

Remember if you make your own rear bracket to move the plow forward, you will need to also make the center lift point bracket, like the factory unit to move the lift point back as much as you move the blade forward, the handle is also diff. so it does not hit the PTO bell, and so it's easier to reach.

Raider12

Remember if you make your own rear bracket to move the plow forward, you will need to also make the center lift point bracket, like the factory unit to move the lift point back as much as you move the blade forward, the handle is also diff. so it does not hit the PTO bell, and so it's easier to reach.

Thanks for the heads up Kelly. I did remember about the center bracket, but I was not aware of the handle having to clear the pto bell? :dunno: I'll get it figured out. Thanks again guys

Denver

TT

The complete kit installed (was mine ~ but it's long gone):

8875fc04.jpg

Oddly enough, it's not so much the wheelbase increase (only 2") that mandates the use of this kit on the forward-swept front axle models. It's needed because of the increased front track width. (only explaining because some guys might not know why this kit exists)

Shuboxlover

I have JUST the middle :dunno: piece to sell if that helps you out?!

Raider12

Well I just finished making my own extension. I post some pics tomorrow afternoon.

Denver

Raider12

Well here are some pics of my version of the plow extension for the 520's. I made mine to add 5 inches to the length. The lever was cut in 2 places and bent to my specs and then welded solid in place.

Denver

IMG_8250.jpg

IMG_8251.jpg

IMG_8254.jpg

John Sullivan

Hello

Does anyone on this board make and sell the plow extensions so that a 48 inch plow will fit a 520 wheelhorse?

Thank you

John