Sign in to follow this  
tommyg

D180 hydro question

tommyg

I've got a D180 with a hydro that just doesn't seem to be pulling its weight compared to my C125. Just seems sluggish in comparison. My C125 would practically do a wheely when I pushed it hard forward at full throttle. I can't even make the wheels spin on grass with the D180. But I don't know if this is just the way it is with this model or what as it's been like this since I got it. Any thoughts?

tommyg

One other thing... It seems to whine more than I think it should, even when warm. I'm thinking this might be related.

dgoyette

First check oil level and hydro push valve to make sure it is fully closed.

Is it sluggish in both forward and reverse? If not check the linkage. If it is sluggish in both a worn pump or motor is a very high probability. My money would be on the pump.

Edit: No it is not normal to be sluggish...but "sluggish" is subjective. You should be able to spin the wheels on grass for sure. I can spin mine on gravel when using a blade or FEL.

tommyg

Yep. Forward and reverse are the same. I checked the oil. It's not to the full mark, but certainly in the zone. Haven't checked the valve yet, but thanks for the reminder. Is there a foolproof way to test if its the pump?