Sign in to follow this  
ben06351

Working the 520hc with the cyclone rake

ben06351

the hill is steeper than it looks

520cyclone002.jpg

The cyclone rake is just about full and she still powered right up I have to say that I am really impressed I didn't think the hydro would do it...

520cyclone003.jpg

I just rebuilt the engine in it about 20 hrs ago, sorry not any good pics of that...

520cyclone01.jpg

even the laborer that I had working with me that day said "Oh my gawd that thing's a Beast"

520cyclone004.jpg

just about fell out going down felt very light in the seat.

I will get a pic of the hitch up soon....it's my first bit of fabrication......

AMC RULES

Nice looking rig, how do you like the rake? :dunno:

ben06351

I LOVE it. Picked it up used and it has more than paid for itself. I use it commercially too. :dunno:

varosd

looks great!! They make in West Haven, CT just down the road from where I grew up. They are well made and still made in the USA! Is that the upgraded deck attachment that the website states makes for a better fit?

I would love one but I am using a 36 RD so I got a 1980's Parker sweeper in perfect shape for $25 bucks and mow and sweep. :dunno:

Sparky

Lookin good Ben, but havent I seen them wheel weights somewhere before :dunno: .

Mike.........

HorseFixer

Nice looking Rig Ben, Just rebuilt the engine ya say? :dunno: If ya dont mind me askin how much ya figure and how much it set ya back? Im right there too fixin to take the plunge and Im figuring around 14 to 15 in mine :wh: Yeah that Vacs the Bomb.

~Duke

ben06351

Thanks guys. :wh: Yup it's great to use a product that is not only made in the USA but right here in CT.

Hehe Thanks to "Sparky" for selling me the wheel weights,and the 48"SD deck, I have chains and a plow for it too. Used them to push some brush piles around in the woods that's just fun. I'll Get a pic of that in a few weeks when I wrap up fall clean-ups for the season.

Duke I spent a few hundred on parts and what-nots tore build the engine. The rear cylinder had no compression so I dove in head first and started taking it apart until I found out what the problem was. The connecting rod had snapped. I think i ran it for about 6 hours on just the one cylinder :dunno:. Everything looked good from the cylinder walls to the valves so i replaced the connecting rod. piston, rings, and all the gaskets. I have about 20 hrs on it now so I think she may hold together. The bleeping flapping ridiculous carb on the Onan is a real killer. Have read so many posts and directions on how to adjust it I think i'm starting to dream about it. For right now i have to choke it a little to stop the surging. I will pull it apart again soon but it's one hell of a fussy carb.

ben06351

Oh yea I don't know if it's the "upgraded" attachment or not, I had to modify it a bit but it works fine for me. Just cut the hole a bit larger and bolted it right to the deck. It's really something that the deck still cuts level with that piece bolted to it, I had it on a Murray before and had a hell of a time getting that thing to stay level. One on the many reasons I love my Horse, it's built right, Seems to be almost "Ben proof" :dunno:

HorseFixer

Duke I spent a few hundred on parts and what-nots tore build the engine. The rear cylinder had no compression so I dove in head first and started taking it apart until I found out what the problem was. The connecting rod had snapped. I think i ran it for about 6 hours on just the one cylinder :wh:. Everything looked good from the cylinder walls to the valves so i replaced the connecting rod. piston, rings, and all the gaskets. I have about 20 hrs on it now so I think she may hold together. The bleeping flapping ridiculous carb on the Onan is a real killer. Have read so many posts and directions on how to adjust it I think i'm starting to dream about it. For right now i have to choke it a little to stop the surging. I will pull it apart again soon but it's one hell of a fussy carb.

Yeah Sing it brother and Tell me about it! :thanks: There a sweet Engine when they are running good

but can be a Real SOB when thay are not! :party: The Master Rebuild kit for mine is $1089.00 prolly plus

some shipping Plus will have some Labor about $300.00 For Boring Cyl 20 over, Crank Work, Valve

Seats etc. That's for the Full Monty. The engine will last 40 years because of the kind of use it will have,

and because of some of these problems that make them fail.

1. I dont have to worry about overheating the rear head cause It (Will only be Used In The Winter!)

:help:

2. Never have to wory about Grimey Dusty conditions Cause It (Will only be Used In The Winter!)

3. Oh and did I mention that it (Will only be Used In The Winter?) :thanks:

Where did ya get yer Parts Ben? I got my prices from OnanParts.com Yeah I would say after 20Hrs

of operation She Should be good to go. :dunno:

Thats a nice rig ya have there! Have ya tried that Vac on the neighborhood Cats? :thanks:

Thanks ~Duke

smoreau

Thats a nice rig ya have there! Have ya tried that Vac on the neighborhood Cats? :help:

Thanks ~Duke

CRE1992

Thats a nice rig ya have there! Have ya tried that Vac on the neighborhood Cats? :thanks:

Thanks ~Duke

Meow hiss hiss :dunno: I think that duke dose not like the stray cats. I know the snow chucker can send them to the next neighborhood :thanks:

ben06351

:help: pretty sure that a cat would clog the vac but I've yet to try....Anyway its got a 5hp. Tech. on it that recently started to smoke like a train..oh well at least i won't run out of projects anytime soon... :wh: Got my parts from the local Toro dealer, Bozrah Home and Hardware. A Great equipment dealer and an awesome small hardware store, You know the kind with cranky old guys and actual hardware that you can buy by the lbs. :dunno:

AMC RULES
Picture42218529.jpg