faster

654 restoration

wingrider

You should be able to buy them at any hard ware, or home improvement store. Almost every 1/4" bolt will have a 7/16 head on them.

Good Luck with your project

Wingrider

Kelly

This is nice looking tractor, at least your belt guard issue is gone now with the new engine, as for the bolts i'm sure I have many of them, send me a PM I'll hook you up.

faster

Heres alittle Thanksgiving update. As far as the bolts there the the 1/4" bolt washer 7/16" head I`ll get with you Kelly on the bolts and also the hood you have. Cleaned up the tires the best I could hit them with some ArmorAll tire foam and they don`t look all that bad. Also blasted primed and painted the rims with Rust-Oleum Almond 7770 paint just a lite coat. Tomorrow I hope to mount the tires tape them off and give the rims a second coat I will be real happy having tires on rims.

The bolts I need

DSCF6580.jpg

rims after paint

DSCF6581.jpg

DSCF6582.jpg

The middle of the back rims is original paint

DSCF6589.jpg

The tires after cleaning

DSCF6585.jpg

DSCF6583.jpg

DSCF6587.jpg

DSCF6586.jpg

DSCF6588.jpg

DSCF6591.jpg

faster

Also one ? on this tractor the back tires the wheel horse name was on the inside is that the way it should be ?

DSCF6586.jpg

AMC RULES

I see the original paint, but are the rims exterior repainted white or almond color? Gorgeous either way. :dunno:

faster

I see the original paint, but are the rims exterior repainted white or almond color? Gorgeous either way. :dunno:

Its almond but the flash makes it look white I`ll see if I can get a better picture.

faster

A few pictures of todays work.

DSCF6604.jpg

DSCF6603.jpg

DSCF6606.jpg

DSCF6610.jpg

DSCF6609.jpg

DSCF6616.jpg

DSCF6619.jpg

DSCF6608.jpg

• Like 1

Kelly

All the tires I've had that style have had the lettering on the inside, not sure why? I just sold one of those tires and it was on that way, get with me on the bolts and hood, I knew someone sent me a email on a hood but I can't find it any more must have been you.

faster

Great day today. Rydogg and I traded engines and it showed up today just what I was looking for. I started off today cleaning up and painting some deck parts put on my new shifter boot and then when the mail came I attacked the tecumseh H60 engine. All and all this is getting fun heres some pictures.

DSCF6635.jpg

4833113067_cd72cf2e43.jpg

DSCF6633.jpg

DSCF6631.jpg

DSCF6632.jpg

Wheel Crazy

Great looking tractor!! I can't wait to see it all back together and assembled!! I really dig the VW pick-up truck! I have never seen one other than the one on American pickers! Sweet tractor and truck!!

massey

Nice job, it sure is looking good.

Stigian

I just showed this thread to my Wife, she said she would kill me if I started rebuilding any Wheel Horses in the house!! :eek::)

Your doing a great job on this rebuild, can't wait to see the finished machine :thumbs:

faster

Finished up the tecumseh engine that I traded with Rydogg cleaned and new paint came out very nice. Also picked up a hood off of ebay for $56.00 (free shipping) can`t ask for much more but it will need some work. Also got the decals for the engine should dress it up very nice. Have a look getting closer every day.

DSCF6639.jpg

DSCF6643.jpg

DSCF6644.jpg

ebay hood.

KGrHqJHJBkE63VtieS9BO2B-zYNQ60_1.jpg

KGrHqZHJ0E63RuDRWBO2B9zGFg60_12.jpg

KGrHqVHJDkE63ZdBJBO2B1QK660_12.jpg

• Like 1

faster
I just showed this thread to my Wife, she said she would kill me if I started rebuilding any Wheel Horses in the house!! :eek::) Your doing a great job on this rebuild, can't wait to see the finished machine :thumbs:
Thanks Stigian, The way I look at it the basement Man Cave is mine. But I do all the painting,grinding and dirty work outside so most everything you see is clean and ready to put together in the Man Cave. I do have to say I follow your projects and there very impressive. I started off in life as a welder building railroad cars and your welding and fab skills are killer. Keep up the good work.

faster

Starting to look like a real tractor now. Got the hood today from 64s that he sold on ebay and I'm very happy with it needs some work but not much. If all goes well I'll have it blasted these week and in paint before Xmas.

DSCF6667.jpg

DSCF6666.jpg

DSCF6665.jpg

DSCF6664.jpg

• Like 1

AMC RULES

Is it me, or are those jack stands pink? :wub: What up with that? :scratchead:

faster

They where red but after years of outdoor sun light they did turn pink and the wife likes them lol.

• Like 1

Jake Kuhn

Looking really good! :bow-blue:

faster

Got alot finished on the hood this past week. Welded up and repair all the damage did some bodywork and gave it a heavy coat of primer. It looks like alittle ford 8n now LOL.

DSCF6668.jpg

DSCF6670.jpg

DSCF6682.jpg

Made up a new front bottom bracket old one was unrepairable

DSCF6676.jpg

DSCF6677.jpg

DSCF6678.jpg

The bodywork and primer

DSCF6684.jpg

DSCF6681.jpg

DSCF6685.jpg

DSCF6689.jpg

DSCF6688.jpg

DSCF6687.jpg

DSCF6686.jpg

• Like 3

massey

Looking sweet there.

Rusty'sTractors

Looks great! Beautiful work!

faster

Finished up a few more projects on the 654 the last couple of days. Made a cable tube and ran 1/8" cable to the hitch seems to work with no problems happy about that. And second turned out 5 thumb screws for the hood on my old south bends lathe not sure how close they are to the original but they look ok for now. Heres some pictures.

the tube little hard to see

DSCF6706.jpg

DSCF6709.jpg

and the thumb screws

DSCF6699.jpg

DSCF6702.jpg

DSCF6705.jpg

DSCF6713.jpg

Rooster

OK?

They Look great! I dunno about original, but nice work.

Love those "old south bends"...been looking for one of those for awhile!

dclarke

Awesome job you're doing! :thumbs: