Sign in to follow this  
stevasaurus

sharing some old pictures

stevasaurus

I keep telling people that I meet here, that my dad had a lawn business back in the 70's, and that is how I got into this hobby. My mom found some old pictures and I thought I would share them with the forum. These were taken around 1976 to 1983...he would be in his 40's in these pictures. The snow picture is from the winter of 1978. The orange Ford truck that he had explains all the pin stripping on all of the equipment. Hope you all enjoy these as I do...

scan0001.jpg

I just got this all back together...it is a STR-324 blower mounted on the 857.

scan0006.jpg

scan0002.jpg

scan0003.jpg

scan0004.jpg

scan0005.jpg

HorseFixer

:wh: Thanks for shareing! :dunno:

~Duke

JimD

Great pics Steve. I'm diggin those bell bottom pants! :dunno:

CasualObserver

The man, the myth... the pin-striper himself.... Papa-saurus. old.gif

and ahh... the 78 blizzard in IL.... we've got some good pics at home of that too!

AMC RULES

Very Nice! :wh: Doin' Dad proud. :dunno: Great picts. :help:

danjmah

Great pics!

Retired Wrencher

:dunno: :wh: Steve that is it in my book what it is all about from father to son. it is like teaching you kids how to fish, pass it on to your juniors. I like the blower shot that is some hefty snow there Steve. And I really like the those old XlT Trucks My Dad had one the same color. very nice pic`s. T/care. Gary B........................

ben06351

Great pics, Thanks.

speedyleedy

great picture's :dunno:

stevasaurus

Thanks guys...these pictures and the help that is here on Red Square has made it possible to figure out on which horses he mounted some of the attachments that are still in the shed. I wish he was still alive...he would have loved to go to these shows with me and meet you guys...I like to think he is looking down and smiling at what is going on in this hobby...I can tell in these pictures, that he already knew what these horses were going to mean to all of us. :wh: I can see what they meant to him...and they were still in production when these were taken. :dunno:

• Like 1

corn53

Man those pics r awesome!!! I`m sure its great looking back down memory lane. :dunno:

wheelhorse656

:wh: Thanks for sharing your pictures Steve it sounds like Papasaurus is proud of our hobby! :dunno:

KC9KAS

Great pictures!

I too remember the winters of 1977 & 78. I was the utilities super (only employee) of a small town and all I had to clean streets with was a D-15 Allis Chalmers with a grader blade & loader...no cab.

dclarke

Great pics Steve! You're lucky to still have your Dad's tractors, that's something really special.

VinsRJ

Love the pics Steve! :dunno:

racinfool40

Priceless Pics Steve!! Glad ya finally got them on here!!!Thanks for sharing them!!! :dunno:

Lane Ranger

Great bunch of pictures Steve! Thanks for sharing these with the gang at Red Square.

Looks lie your dad had quite a setup going on the lawn business and this was well before the zero turn guys got in it! In fact -there were no zero turns!

:dunno:

Suburban 550

Steve, great pics and a real good trip back in time. :dunno: Thanks for sharing them.

KyBlue

Those are some awesome photos!

I'm sorry to say that I don't have any like those, but I do have some of my dad and both grandparents, and do immensely enjoy getting them out and taking a walk down memory lane.

It's great you've got some of the same WH stuff from your dad! Bet you think of him whenever you go out and use it, or even simply look at it.

Ken B

Man that is cool Steve. Thanks for sharin em.

Gene_S

As everyone said great pictures Steve!!! I met a guy at one of my customers the other day and his parents owned a :wh: dealer and he said he would scan some old pictures and e-mail them to me... Nothing like the old days... I remember the blizzard of "78" even know I was only 6... :dunno: Steve

Operator

Those are great Steve! Its fun finding old pictures isn't it!

Zeek

Nice pictures!