Sign in to follow this  
truckin88

314-A will not roll

truckin88

Guys, I am trying to move my grandfathers 314-A it has sat for 2 years, it will not roll with the trans disengaged (pulled T lever), no ebrake, brake shoe is loose. We need to push it onto a trailer to get it home to work on it. PLEASE HELP!!!!! Tranny is Eaton 700 (lift is an armstrong)

Rollerman

There is no "tow valve" on the Eaton 700.

About all you can do is roll it slowly....you will here a clicking.

Another option...try to lift one back tire up as you push it up the trailer.

I know....sounds crazy, but this will let the diff in the trans free wheel with the unloaded tire spining backwards.

Kelly

I've heard if you push the motion control lever forward it help relieve pressure, but I'm not sure if it is true or not.

Rollerman

I've heard if you push the motion control lever forward it help relieve pressure, but I'm not sure if it is true or not.

Good point Kelly.

I almost mentioned it, but wasn't sure if the was unique to the Eaton 1100 series hydros? :dunno:

truckin88

There is a trans disengage lever like on my C-175 Hydro I had. It basically takes the pulley off the belt.

TT

The two tractors I have owned that had the Eaton 700 would not push no matter what.

You'll either have to jack it up or slide the tires.

Rollerman

There is a trans disengage lever like on my C-175 Hydro I had. It basically takes the pulley off the belt.

The lever releases belt tension off the pulley so the engine can crank over a little easier without haveing to drag the hydro pump too.

It also sets a parking brake when you release the belt tension.

Pollack Pete

I had the same thing happen a couple months ago.My 314-A sat outside for several months.I tried to push it in my shop.No-go.I finally kept moving the motion control lever a tiny bit at a time while I kept trying to push.Finally I was able to roll the tractor.Just another Wheel Horse mystery,I guess.

truckin88

new battery, fired up and moved fine...thanks guys