Sign in to follow this  
squonk

Ok. How do I get the bearings out?

squonk

I got a replacement spindle assembly for my 42" RD deck. I took out the bad spindle shaft and want to put in new brgs. in this housing to keep as a spare. I have the snap ring retainer out. The spacer between the brgs. prevents me from using a punch to drive out the bearing. I'm sure some here has done it. Can anybody lead me in the right direction?

DSCF1066.jpg

DSCF1067.jpg

fourwheels0

i've used a small straight blade screwdriver and slide it down through the hole till it hits the top of the bearing on the bottom and tap it out.

move the screwdriver from side to side while tapping it out as to not get the bearing cocked at an angle.

then flip it over to get the other bearing out.

hope this helps you out.

can whlvr

be very patient knocking the bearing out,ive broke the housing by hitting too hard,just take your time,a bit at a time and move the driver(whatever you use)side to side,it should come out fairly easy

SAM58

The sleeve in the middle of the bearing should move to the side just enough to see the inside edge of the bearing.

Take a flat screwdriver and tap it out a little at a time, on side then the other to keep it straight...

Should drop right out, I have done about 5 decks that way. :dunno:

squonk

The sleeve won't move enough to get enough of a bite on the bearing with a screwdriver. I took it to a friend who builds aluminum go-kart racing motors. He got out the rose bud torch and in 3 min. the bearings fell out! :dunno::help: :wh:

fourwheels0

good to hear you got them out.