Sign in to follow this  
Rollerman

How about some turquoise overspray in the shop this winter?

Rollerman

Ken Stevens "fabricator2009" & one of the guys that puts the Mentone,IN shows together listed a Panzer in the RS classifieds a few weeks back.

Over some PM's we worked out a deal & I drove down to look today.

It's been a few years since I've been face to face with a Panzer at a show & must of not payed to much attention to the drive system on them, very simple, rugged design....alot like a Speedex.

So here's some pics of my diamond in the ruff I picked up today from Ken.

Member "grnlark" identified it as a T70.

I'm hopeing to locate a correct engine, what ever that may be & get it fixed up over the winter.

These things really standout with the turquoise colored paint scheme

2011-10-29_16-48-39_636.jpg

2011-10-29_16-48-06_980.jpg

2011-10-29_16-47-55_782.jpg

2011-10-29_16-47-44_483.jpg

Jake Kuhn

looks like a great project,never realized those trans were so heavy duty.Jake

racinfool40

Nice score!!! Now we will be waiting for progress pics!!!! :dunno:

wildman

Ken Stevens "fabricator2009" & one of the guys that puts the Mentone,IN shows together listed a Panzer in the RS classifieds a few weeks back.

Over some PM's we worked out a deal & I drove down to look today.

It's been a few years since I've been face to face with a Panzer at a show & must of not payed to much attention to the drive system on them, very simple, rugged design....alot like a Speedex.

So here's some pics of my diamond in the ruff I picked up today from Ken.

Member "grnlark" identified it as a T70.

I'm hopeing to locate a correct engine, what ever that may be & get it fixed up over the winter.

These things really standout with the turquoise colored paint scheme

2011-10-29_16-48-39_636.jpg

2011-10-29_16-48-06_980.jpg

2011-10-29_16-47-55_782.jpg

2011-10-29_16-47-44_483.jpg

I like it!! :dunno:

whfan74

Hey is it tore down yet? :dunno:

Kelly

What is the orig. engine? I have a 7hp kohler that has turquoie paint on it, under some ugly brown/red brush paint

I passed up a Panzer a few years back, should have bought it, but it was a basket case missing lots of parts, and the grille was broke off at the base, but he did only want $150 for it.

Rollerman

I'm not totally sure what I have yet Kelly since the ID seems to be missing, unless I'm not finding it.

Once I know the model number I'll know better, but it should have a early 60ies 7 HP B&S pull start or K161.

Possibly even a K 161 generator start, but this doesn't have the big dash plate for the amp guage & starter button.

Is your K161 pull start & for sale?

Stigian

Wow, that rear end looks very heavy duty for a 7hp engine!! You can't beat heavy duty engineering :dunno:

What's the deal with the pulleys at the front of the engine? Some kind of centrifugal trans? (scratch head smiley)

Rollerman

Ian when you push the lever forward on the right side of the tractor it's moves that large shiney three sheeve pulley away from the engine tightening the drive belt & away you go.

Both the engine & the driven pulleys have three sheeves....sorta like a drill press.

You move the belt to a different set/size of pulleys to adjust your ground speed.

For reverse you pull thaat handle back engageing a rubber reverseing wheel on the engine pulley.

It's a pretty simple, rugged set up .

The rear axle, diff, & brakes is a narrowed Plymouth rear end.

Wow, that rear end looks very heavy duty for a 7hp engine!! You can't beat heavy duty engineering :dunno:

What's the deal with the pulleys at the front of the engine? Some kind of centrifugal trans? (scratch head smiley)

multihobbyguy

The tag should be right below the steering wheel like these photos.

08102011011.jpg

08102011013.jpg

Rollerman

Thanks "multihobbyguy", if you look above in my picture the tag in that location is missing.

I was hopeing for a number code maybe stamped into thye tractor at some location.

Could you send me more pics of the tractor in your picture, specifically the engine.

Is it yours?

Thanks, Stephen

The tag should be right below the steering wheel like these photos.

08102011011.jpg

08102011013.jpg

Kelly

Stephen, send me a PM when you figure out if you need a kohler or not, I have a few older briggs engines also, not sure what they all are, let me know what your looking for, most everything I have is for sale or trade.

Sparky

Cool ride! i had one years ago but I think it was a Pennslylvania Panzer Meteor ( or something along those lines).

Mike had a square hood, 10hp Wisconsin engine, mowing deck and a snowblower. Of course it also had that monster rear end :dunno: !

Sold it to a guy in New Jersey who had like 13 of em.

Mike.........

perry

nice lookin project tractor ya have there 8)

multihobbyguy

The Panzer was my fathers. He sold it this summer. Here are the pictures I can find. The first four pictures are the numbers off the shroud.

028.jpg

027.jpg

026.jpg

025.jpg

08102011014.jpg

08102011013.jpg

08102011012.jpg

08102011011.jpg

08102011010.jpg

08102011009.jpg

Moparfanforever

That looks to be the correct Model Briggs engine , but looks like it is missing the motor mount ??

The mount , along with other parts can be bought at Dandy Sales.

I am redoing one myself , cool tractors

http://www.dandysales.com/