Sign in to follow this  
RicherGabe

Trying to Find snowblower attachment

RicherGabe

Hello all,

I am brand new to this forum and a relatively new horse owner. This last spring I inherited a 1989 520H that had been sitting outside for a few years from my wifes grandparents. Needless to say it needed work :banghead: but after a few weeks I was using it to cut my grass in half the time :thumbs2: I am looking to do the same with my snow removal chores this winter but have been unable to find a snowblower attachment near minnesota or one that I can have shipped. If anyone has a lead or suggestion for me I would really appreciate it.

Thanks and it's nice meeting all of you.

Gabe Richards

HorseFixer

:thumbs: :D WoW nothing like going right to the top! :banghead: Yep yer needing like a 1991 or Newer 06-44SC01 44" 2 stage Tall Chute Snowblower. You can put the word out by going to the 4 sale want add section. Or try Craigslist. By the way On my Avatar thats a C-120 on that 44" blower and Im putting it on a 520H that I just picked up myself. One thing tho...... :thumbs2: thats alot of snow yer gonna be Chuckin! :thanks: TRUST ME, In About a couple good Storms W Winds and you will be looking for a snow cab too! :banghead: Good Luck!

Cheers ~Duke

:thumbs:

CasualObserver

Gabe :thumbs2: whereabouts in MN are you? I'm just west of Rochester. They pop up every now and then. Just keep an eye on Craigslist.

Kelly

a nice single stage will work also, any from 1974 up will fit, and you will find they are much cheaper, than a 2 stage, but if you find a good deal on a 2 stage jump on it.

HankB

... any from 1974 up will fit, ...

I'm curious about that (though I have to admit to being a little reluctant to question someone who has probably owned more WH tractors than I've ever laid eyes on...)

I recently purchased a 6-1211 single stage blower. I think that's a late 60s vintage. The PO had used it on a C series tractor with the quick-tach mounts. He pointed to holes near the front of the frame where he said he had it mounted. I think he said he had to remove the front quick-tach as well.

I looked at my 314-H and it has the same holes at the front of the frame though one is used for the bracket to hold the belt guard. It looks to me like this blower would also work on the modern tractors as well. Is there something I'm not seeing here?

BTW, I've put the blower on my Electro 12 as I plan to mount my 48" blade on my 314-H.

-hank

rexman72

:dunno:

can whlvr

i think what kelly meant that anything from74 newer id a direct fit,no tools,dont have to unbolt the front hitch,but that blower probally will go on the 314,someguys alter the old ones to work with the newer modlels,so they dont need tools to attach it

tmix

:dunno: Nice to see somebody in my neck of the woods. If you have a gravel driveway you might wont to push it insteed.I found out the hard way come spring time your rakin rocks everywere you blow. I Do not use mine it's fun-er to push and it's lots f a s ter and NO snow in your face that is if tou have somewear to put it.

RicherGabe

Thanks to all that replied. I'm northwest of the cities and have been all over craigslist for the last few months to no avail. I missed out on 2 single stage blowers by a few hours or less and that got me aggrivated cause I got money to spend but just can't catch one in time!

---- Tmix - I have a paved driveway and have looked at plow blades but I'd be worried that I'll run out of room to push the snow but with a nice little single stage blower I should be able to throw it at least 25-30ft..

---- I've been learning a lot about what attachments will fit on this machine so I am hopeful I'll find at least one that I can get my hands on. And I will prolly be looking for a snow cab shortly after the first decent snowfall here. Got any for sale HorseFixer???

wheelhorse656

:dunno:

Kelly

I recently purchased a 6-1211 single stage blower. I think that's a late 60s vintage. The PO had used it on a C series tractor with the quick-tach mounts. He pointed to holes near the front of the frame where he said he had it mounted. I think he said he had to remove the front quick-tach as well.

Well it might fit but not like it was intended, you can not remove the front attach matic as that helps hold the front axle on the tractor and the hood hinges, on 74 up machines, I have heard of people swapping the mounting frames to make a older blower fit, I've sold a few frames for that.

RicherGabe

Update:

Thank you Craigslist. Found one 45 min from my house and I called 10 minutes after he posted it. Needless to say I picked it up for $250. Not in bad condition for it's age. I believe it's a 60's vintage but has the roller wheels instead of skids for height adjustment. I first tried to put it on and it wouldn't go into the attach-o-matic cause there were 2 custom brackets bolted to it. Took those off and it dropped right in. Attached the lift tube and tried it a couple times and the bell crank/life arm broke in the middle of the machine!! Upon closer inspection I saw it had been poorly welded before and the weight of this blower just snapped it right off. Got that out and welded it so should be good to go now. Other than picking up weights and chains. Thanks for everyones input. Not so worried about big snow falls now. My chores just got easier.

can whlvr

congrats on the find,once you get the hang of the single stagers,they work pretty good,they take some finess but you will get the hang of it