Sign in to follow this  
scifi4all

Snowblower

scifi4all

I picked this up at the end of last winter season. I have wanted one for quite a while. I have and older cable driven chute style with the adjustable wheels. Hope this tall chute works easier. No more broken cables in the middle of clearing snow.

The guy I bought it from had never used it. He had picked it up at a consignment sale. It is missing a couple of items:

The Crank rod, I should be able to make one of those.

A lift spring, can still buy one of those.

And both the left and the right wing plates, does any body have any of these they can part with? I don't mind painting. Let me know.

Any way here's some pics.

IMAG0171.jpgIMAG0170.jpg

IMAG0166.jpgIMAG0165.jpg

The garage looks like a bomb went off, to many projects at the same time.

Kelly

I like my tall shoot blower over the old cable drive, looks like you need to hammer on the auger in a few places, use a big hammer as a backer and a smsller one to pound the auger back in shape.

And send me a PM I have a few sets of the wings, some need paint and I think I have a NOS set.

Forest Road

I took the wings off of mine. I've seen 3 of these blowers with broken welds. I assume the side pull from the wings was the cause. Other than that I' ve been very happy with the single stage. Good luck!

scifi4all

:thumbs2: Yeah Kelly the auger does need a little fine tuning. I am a sheet metal worker by trade and have some iron dollies that should work well to straighten the edges. I will send you a pm.

Cole's dad, I have the old single stage and it has worked well. I have run into the weld cracks on mine before. I think it is partly my fault in trying to take too big a bite and normal stress from the design. I actually didn't see any cracks in my old one until last year. But I was clearing only my driveway for years, all of a sudden I was clearing nearly 7 each snowfall. The blower got a lot of hours on it in the last 2 years. We will see how this year goes. I usually just get them rewelded, but it is not a final repair, by any means. Hopefully I have Good Luck with this one. :banghead:

whbob

I bought a new thrower designed for the 200 series in order to get the auger. I have the wing plates which are the same as the ones on the 79360. Let me know if you can use them. May need painting.