Sign in to follow this  
clintonnut

Technology hates me!!!

clintonnut

SO, Let me start from Sunday of last week.

Girlfriend comes over and we want to watch a movie and just chill out. I downloaded No Country for Old Men (awesome movie) and I thought it downloaded all the way but when we started watching it, it would freeze at 16 mins and I could never get it past that point. Didn't ruin the evening though.

Monday last week, $30 pair of good headphones breaks while riding the bus (since I can't drive) One ear piece shorted out and I tried surgery on it but it was pretty messed up.

Saturday last night, Attempt to redownload the movie directly from computer to Iphone so (no luck computer froze) so we made due with another movie and started watching that and 1/2 hr from ending that started glitching (DVD) and I checked the DVD this morning and no signs of dirt or scratches.

This morning, plug Iphone into computer again and finally got the movie onto the Iphone after the 3rd try and it didn't glitch but then Itunes decided to delete all the songs from the Iphone. So then the computer starting being a bi""" about it and would only load either songs or a movie not both. Then computer freezes, hard drive starts screaming and it goes. Doing that it decided to suck all of the media out of my phone. Now I lost 1000 songs and 17 movies.

Now I know why my girlfriend hates technology and technology something I don't even discuss with dad :thumbs2:

Rollerman

Charlie I can't help you with your Iphone or headphones....some things these days are not ment to be fixed.

(No money in it for the manufacture that way)

But seeing some of the stuff you've accomplished like your single seat buggy, D250/Cub blower conversion, & my favorite....building your Cummins powered Dodge, I think you have a pretty good handle on technology.

stevasaurus

Charlie...for the life of me, I can't understand why you and her would not be in the shed working on all those Clintons...and Wh's. :D:banghead: Hand me a 9/16" please. :banghead: :thumbs2:

can whlvr

know how you feel man,every time i try a new program to do estimates or bills i get part way through and then it will delete or move stuff around :thumbs2: i could do it way faster buy hand but it doesnt look professional

Kelly

I'm not old (46 or will be in a few weeks) or at least real old, but all this tecno stuff started comming out after I was in my 20's so I didn't get in to it till I was in my late 30's at least you can do the things you are having problems with, I have to have my wife who is 8 years younger than me, or my kids that are all about the new fangled stuff.

rmaynard

Now I lost 1000 songs and 17 movies.

Sorry you have such a tough time with technology, but the way to prevent what happened to you is called "BACK UP".

I pay $55 per year for Carbonite and I have every important file on my computer backed up off-site. It updates constantly.

My cellphone is synced to my computer and each time I hook up the USB cable or Bluetooth, an automatic back up takes place.

Just my 2 cents worth.

VinsRJ

Think of it this way Charlie.... if the movie craps out it gives you an opportunity to do something else :thumbs2:

stevebo

Vin hit the nail on the head. I used to try going offroading with dad's truck (bigjim) and it would end up getting stuck :banghead: I used to have a female companion with me each time.... :thumbs2:

CRE1992

Vin hit the nail on the head. I used to try going offroading with dad's truck (bigjim) and it would end up getting stuck :thumbs: I used to have a female companion with me each time.... :banghead:

Even though I am 19 and away at college, I used to do that quite often in high school in my truck :thanks: Or take a girl riding on a quad, and hit the kill switch... It stalled :ROTF::thumbs: not sure why :banghead::USA:

The good ole days :D:thumbs2:

As for your computer problems I have an external hard drive I plug into my computer and back it up everyone in awhile... I've had an iphone but never had that happen to me.

-Charles

hm12460

Ummm, ok, I gotta ask. Whats an Iphone??

woodchuckfarmer

My son asked me what an 8 track tape was. :thumbs2:

clintonnut

The most hyped-over, gussied up piece of crap you will ever buy for a phone. That's what an Iphone is.

Yeah, Vince & Steve, There's plenty of other things to do :thumbs2:

Charlie

SAM58

Ummm, ok, I gotta ask. Whats an Iphone??

I know you are kidding, but here goes.

Steve Jobs, Apple Computers, iTunes, iPhone, iPad, iPad 2, ect...

I use an iPhone and it is mostly for taking pictures of Wheel Horses.

The iPhones do have great cameras in them, and it fits in your pocket.

iTunes is the reason you lost all your music & movies, Not user friendly.

(I hate It)

The only thing you can be sure about is that your electronic devices will let you down.

Bob recomended online backup, the automatic part is the best, but...

not sure I would want others having my stuff no matter how secure they claim to be. Online backup means online, your stuff is setting on a remote sever somewhere, too many hackers out there. It backs up everything as it should, but if you buy online that means it includes your credit card numbers, passwords to any site you have logged into...

may never have a problem, but one bad employee is all it takes.

The external USB drive is the safest in my opinion, and it is a one time buy.

cre1992 uses the external drive...

So do I, I have 320 GIG I built from a laptop drive and a 20.00 enclosure it's is about the size of a pack of cigs.

Keep the kids at home.

2-1/2 cents

rmaynard

Bob recomended online backup, the automatic part is the best, but...

...The external USB drive is the safest in my opinion, and it is a one time buy.

All of the shortcomings aside, I will still take an offsite back-up over an external drive.

As I stated several months ago when this same subject came up, my brother had his entire business as well as thousands of pictures, personal and financial data on his computer. He had an external drive that he religiously used to back up his data.

Problem is, his house burned to the ground, and with it went his computer and his external back up drive. They were never found.

Had he backed up offsite, at lease he would have had his files.