Sign in to follow this  
Butch

Which front tires for snow?

Butch

I have lawn tires on now. Would they do the trick or should I go with a 5 rib , tri rib or chains on the lawn tires? I'm not looking for traction as much as I'm looking to have the tractor go where I'm aiming it.

CRE1992

You could do multiple things, you could get tri ribs there are pricey (I want a set :thumbs2:), go with snow blower tires which they make in a 16x6.5x8 which grip well and are not nearly as expensive, or you could go with #40 roller chain as some people have suggested in the past...

Personally if I had the money I would get tri ribs for the front.

-Charles

Kelly

Narrow tri ribs are not that bad, about $60 a set with tubes, reg. tire chains don't work very good, I tried them, but I'll make you a deal on slightly used set of chains if you want to try, I'm going to use the roller chain this year on my blower tractor, my plow tractor has the big tri ribs 16x6.5x8 and they are nice, in the snow.

HorseFixer

Tri Ribs, From Miller Tire :thumbs2:

PERIOD

~Duke

HankB

Narrow tri ribs are not that bad, about $60 a set with tubes, ... my plow tractor has the big tri ribs 16x6.5x8 and they are nice, in the snow.

My 314-H has 16x6.5-8 front tires. What size tri-ribs would you recommend? Looking at Miller tire I see the matching size for $70 each (16/6.50-8) and 3.50-8 for $30 each. Are you suggesting the 3.50-8?

What about. ags for the front? I see them at Miller for $35 in 16x6.50-8

Edit: Or these: http://www.ebay.com/itm/16x650-8-4-PLY-LUG...=item1c147e1e24 (The seller is local to me.)

thanks,

hank

emsfire138

Personally, I've had great results with the Carlisle Turf Masters on the fronts. For blacktop drives, I've used the Turf Masters for the rear for my "back-up" plow tractor with the 48" blade, and had great results with this wet, heavy Illinois snow.

The dual ag/lugs on my "primary" plow tractor work great with the big 56" blade (with 16x6.50-8 Turf Masters on the fronts).

Scott in IL

Attached Image

post-3-1317987348.jpg

Butch

Thanks Hank ,Scott, Duke and Kelly!

Coadster32

I use tri-ribs on my 854 w/plow and they work great. (I also found that weighing down the front end helps tremendously as well) :thumbs2: