Sign in to follow this  
John T

1974 C-120 red and cream - need definitive info

John T

Gentlemen -

Thanks everyone for continuing to read and respond to my posts. I have decided to hire a reputable auto body shop that a small equipment dealership recommended, and has a reputation for knowing what they're doing.

The shop uses Dupont paint.

My goal is to be as accurate as possible in the shade of red and cream. I really don't want to do an approximation.

I am not a painter, and my knowledge is very limited. What I have told you is about as much as I know.

How am I going to get these colors right and in a code readable in the Dupont system?

Thank you all -

john

Rooster

http://www.wheelhorseforum.com/index.php?showtopic=15846

If you take the info in that thread to your painter he should be able to get the right thing for you.

rmaynard

What Rooster said is good, however there is no definitive color "Wheel Horse Red" since each tractor that you find will be a little bit different than the next.

I have taken many Wheel Horse's apart and revealed areas that have never seen the light of day. The colors still vary from one tractor to the next.

If DuPont had a color code for Wheel Horse red, and PPG had one, and Sherwin-Williams, or whomever, you would find that no two of them would be the same.

So, as has been said many, many times before, find a color that appeals to you and go with it. There are no "color police" that are going to ticket you for using the wrong color, because there is no wrong color.