Sign in to follow this  
rydogg

My latest project

rydogg

I needed to free up some space in my pole shed before winter so I finally got around to building my storage shelves for the horses, this is 5 feet wide by 18 feet long and will have a second story for additional storage for now I will only be using the lower platform for storing tractors so I should be able to roll them up a ramp with some help but eventually I am going to build a pad and forks for the farmall so I can use it to lift the horses. I used a lot of leftover lumber that has been around the farm so I am only into it for $75 so far with hardware and some purchased lumber. I built this in sections and bolted it together so I can take it down and move it if necessary.

wheelhorse154.jpg

wheelhorse155.jpg

wheelhorse156.jpg

wheelhorse157.jpg

I can store a total of 18 tractors with this new storage system and I am going to build another one the same size on the opposite wall. Now it's time to hunt for some more horses to fill the shelves :thumbs2:

• Like 2

AMC RULES

REALLY NICE WORK! :banghead: Who's the cool cat supervising your productivity? :thumbs2:

HorseFixer

Rydogg, Looks good but building a shelf 5' wide is Okay but kinda pushin it. :D You want to leave an extra foot wide for jostling them a round. :banghead: Also if your gonna have Decks on any of them at 5' wide they wont roll past each other easily. :banghead: That size may be okay for RJ's but for like 702's & 854's type Tractors side by side doesn't work good. I'm just sayin.... Been there done that. :thumbs2:

~Duke

rydogg

The "cool cat" is Steve I told the kids they could name him and that's what they decided :thumbs2: our other cat not pictured is named Jake. Steve has no fear of power tools so while I am trying to screw down the planks he was walking around my legs begging for attention.

Duke, only one of my tractors still has a deck on it so I should be okay, this shelf is for the RJs and early to mid 60's tractors I measured them and they are under 36 inches across the rear tires so I figured I can fit them three across each shelf just like I put them under the shelf, I have 9 feet between the 4x4 posts. I will be building a similar shelf on the opposite side of the shed and may change the design depending on how this one works out. My idea to get these onto the shelf is to attach large eye bolts to the back wall and use a portable electric winch to pull them up or to build a pad that I can drive them onto and use the Farmall H to lift them up and push them into their spot.

HorseFixer

Sounds like a plan :banghead: Mines a Tad over 5' And wish I would have went wider is all I'm sayin :thanks: Especially underneath if you have support legs. I use a hydraulic lift platform to lift mine up and hafta take em all down to get at the one in the back. :thumbs: Kinda bucked up but in a 15 X 5' 3" area Top & bottom I can store 12 Roundhoods. Not bad for 24 X 13' Room. :D Sometime ya gotta do what ya gotta do. :banghead: What would be neat is a 4 post floor hoist. Thats what you need to do. :thumbs2: Its allways easy to spend somebody elses $$ Moola :thumbs:

Take care ~Duke

dgoyette

Very cool Ryan. I could use something like that :thumbs2: Even if just for implements and a couple of the little fellas.

rydogg

Well the wife decided that I should take the summer off from my job and stay home with the kids so now I have some time to get the other shelf done....here are some pictures of my new wheel horse shelf and my little helpers, also pictured is the shelf I built on the opposite side that is already filled up I added an extra section to the new shelf so I will have room for a total of 18 more tractors on the new shelf and beneath it.

post-2337-0-40842400-1331706566_thumb.jp

post-2337-0-04807700-1331706683_thumb.jp

post-2337-0-27615400-1331706875_thumb.jp

• Like 1

COMMANDO1

ALL I CAN SAY IS WOW!

AMC RULES

Looks like great little helpers you've got there Rydog, Steve and Jake too. :thumbs:

Sure wish my wife would give me the summer off, lucky dog you. :bow-blue:

:text-coolphotos:

Rooster

So have those projects been "shelved"?

nice collection...though that top shelf...lol

ben06351

WOW that's one way to fill a shelf. Looks like you got a thing for them lawn-boys. Great push mowers. Nice work. Didn't have any trouble filling it up did ya? :handgestures-thumbupright:

can whlvr

with all those push mowers you could build a harness that holds like 5 or 6 and pull them running and mow a 100 inch swath,nice shelving by the way

stevasaurus

Hey Ryan...where you been, thought you dropped off of the planet...good to see you are still around. The shelves and the collection look fantastic. The cat named Steve, huh. By chance that kitty would not be named after me would it...your oldest daughter had quite the crush on me at the show last year. :) If that is the case, I feel honored...you and your children are top shelf. See you at the show in Minnesota again this August.