Sign in to follow this  
Buzz

Good week, bad week

Buzz

This week sure has had it's ups and downs.

On the plus side my son has returned from overseas. :thumbs2: He arrived in Norfolk VA over the weekend for debriefing, medical, dental, etc. and then today he flew up to Newport RI where we will be transferred from active duty back to the active reserve/weekend warrior. This was his second tour of duty. Tomorrow morning I'm driving to RI and picking him up and bringing him home to see Mom and the rest of the family. Friday I'll take him up to Harrisburg PA where he lives.

On the minus side, our 15 year old grand-daughter who we are raising had a stomach ache when she went to school Monday. Two hours later we picked her up and took her to the ER and Monday night they removed her appendix. We spent all day Monday, most of Monday night, and most of Tuesday in the hospital. She came home today so we are all resting.

Now all I have to do tomorrow is drive 316 miles, one way, to pick up my son....

C-Series14

Cograts Buzz on the returning soldier! Proud to serve with the guys that are serving overseas! :banghead:

As for the grand-daughter, glad things turned out OK...those things pop up it seems. Get some rest and drive safe! :thumbs2:

JimD

Well Buzz, there are gonna be times like these, but in the end they make us appreciate the smoother times when things go nicely. But you are getting quality time with your son and your Grand daughter. I'm sure she and he will remember this week fondly. :thumbs2:

jimt1971

Buzz,

If you need anything call me.

Jim

speedyleedy

happy he is home safe buzz! tell him thanks & god bless :thumbs2:

Buzz

Thanks for the kind words, and Jim I've got your number, phone number that is. :thumbs2:

stevasaurus

Buzz...the 316 miles back should make up for the 316 there. You knew that. :banghead: Glad your grand daughter is OK. You have an angel that knows not to give you more then you can handle. :thumbs2:

MikesRJ

Glad to hear the grand daughter is doing better. Get some rest.

Also, by the time you pay for gas and tolls you could buy him a one way airline ticket to Philly. Cheaper in the long run, much shorter drive for you, and you and he get to spend more relaxing quality time at home with everyone in the family.

dclarke

Buzz, glad to hear your son is home safe and that your grand daughter is doing better. We spent the night in the E. R. with our oldest daughter several years back for the same reason. Enjoy the trip to pick up your son and be sure to thank him for us. :thumbs2:

Coadster32

With the appendix out and home in recovery, looks like your week is shaping up. Hang in there. Glad to hear your son is home safe now. :thumbs2:

stevebo

Buzz,

The first part of your post makes everything else ok !! Good news that the 15 year old is now doing well now too. Enjoy the ride and catch up with some good conversation !! :thumbs2:

VinsRJ

Buzz,

Look at it this way.... Good Week, Good Week.... Your son is back and you grand daughter didn't have something worse. I've had weeks and even months like that. As long as you kep you grind to the nose stone it all works out.

Have a safe drive and I hope a speedy recovery for your grand daughter :thumbs2:

wheelhorse656

Hey Buzz be sure to tell your son thanks for serving our country!!!!

I hope your grand duaghter gets well soon!!! hopfully the next few weeks ahead will be better for you!!!!

clintonnut

Good idea not to do anything for a week at least without an appendix. I fell through the barn floor 3 days after i had mine out.... Expect pains here and there for a couple months.

Charlie