Sign in to follow this  
horsefever

new toy

horsefever

Well just wanted to take the time and say i bought a used rototiller from dadstractor this afternoon.

model number 71252

If anyone knows of any information i can get online please let me know. looking for year and recommended oil type

thanks

Chad

C-Series14

First, welcome. You must use a dash between the 7 and 1252 so the VIN is 7-1252.

It is a 1975 36" tiller. If you do a Google search with 7-1252, you find this tiller mentioned on another site...

You can download the OM for the 7-1252 tiller from the Files of this Group

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/wheelhorsetractormanuals4/

It is named "Tiller 36in 1975 7-1252.pdf" and have added some service bulletins to the file that explain the conversion to fit later tractors.

rexman72

:thumbs2:

AMC RULES

Hey Chad, :thumbs2:

mr.pipes

From the manual:

GEAR BOX LUBRICANT: SAE 90-140 API Service GL-4 or GL-5 oil; refill capacity 1 qt. (.94 liter).

1. Position the tractor and tiller on a level surface and lower the attachment lift so that the tiller tines are on the ground. Set the parking brake and turn the ignition key to off. Remove the key.

2. Clean the area around the lower pipe plug.

3. Remove the pipe plug carefully because the oil level may be above the level of the pipe plug.

4. If gear lube runs from the case when the plug is removed, the lube in the case is sufficient. Oil may be added as necessary.

I got a tiller yesterday also :banghead:

can whlvr

i have that exact tiller,i looked for a gasket for it lately and found it to be no longer available,oh ya :thumbs2:

mr.pipes

i looked for a gasket for it lately and found it to be no longer available

When I was looking at the parts breakdown I noticed that too. But on some of the tiller rebuild threads here members have used RTV silicone gasket maker with good results. Guess you could make your own gasket too.

dadstractor1

glad too see you horse fever chad nice too do business with you dadstractor :banghead: horse fever is a really nice guy and new frind :thumbs2::banghead: dadstractor

shorts