Sign in to follow this  
hounddoghundzsa

Info On Government Liquidation.com

hounddoghundzsa

I have been watching this site for about a year now, and Have been thinking about Bidding on a M1008 (Chevy P/U). Has anyone went through the process? What about a reputable carrier to pick it up? Seems a little complicated. Any info would be much appreciated. Probably won't do anything until after the new year.

Thanks!

dennist

Scott,

You may already be aware of this, but our state (Maine) has an auction every couple months,trucks,cars,suv's,boats,tractors,4/wheelers,snow machines,heavy equipt,and misc. items. My friend buys alot of his business vehicles there. He was buying them and selling them for a while also.

It is open to the public and all you have to do is register and have the funds to pay in a form they accept. Alot of the cab companies buy the old cruisers. Even if you do not buy, it is nice to go and see what they are bringing price wise, as sometimes if it is very cold/wet the prices are low because so few people are willing to stand in the cold for hours, but the diehards will always get the deal on those days. Other times I have gone and you couldn't even come close to a deal, they sell through the roof prices and you would be better to find a used one on the dealer lot.

clintonnut

I would be interested to hear about people's feedback too.

I've researched a little about it as I have my eye on a few things off that site.

From what I have heard, sometimes if you want a title for the vehicle it takes multiple months and they will not let you pick it up until it clears blah blah blah.....

I have also heard that they sometimes use the same picture multiple times on a model vehicle so you may get screwed on the condition of the item but I think that is just as likely to happen on Ebay.

Charlie

coldone

You can check out Govdeals.com for local county stuff too. Wouldnt have to worry about a carrier then.

hounddoghundzsa

You can check out Govdeals.com for local county stuff too. Wouldnt have to worry about a carrier then.

Never heard of that one, I'll check it out! Thanks!

hounddoghundzsa

Charlie - I'll let you know if I hear anything. Dennist - Do you know if they have a website?

dennist

Charlie - I'll let you know if I hear anything. Dennist - Do you know if they have a website?

For Maine all you do is type Maine surplus. It will bring up a list of different things to check out. I punched in Ohio Surplus and here you go-

http://das.ohio.gov/Divisions/GeneralServi...27/Default.aspx

All you have to do is click on the NEXT VEHICLE AUCTION, plus you can check to see what past auctions sold for. They also have warehouse sales, where you can buy computers,desks,chairs,reems of paper, right down to pencils by the case.We outfitted my friends whole business for very reasonable prices.

shorts

another good site for auctions is auctionzip, put in your zipcode and how big of a radius you're willing to travel and then what you want.

jdog_kustoms

i know someone that big off the goverment liquidation.com and you can sset up a date tyo go look at it and then he hauled it home on his trailer i dont think you can drive any vehicle off the base

and another place to look it municibid.com this is municipalities selling the stuff