Sign in to follow this  
BadDad

Three for one

BadDad

Hello everyone. I have a chance to buy 3 wheel horse tractors & 1 mower deck. I don

BairleaFarm

How much are you buying them for? 500 plus ??

BadDad

I will have just about $650.00 in the buying & shipping.

BairleaFarm

If i had they money id get them, Youve got enough parts there to possibly get you 2 running tractor. All three may be runnable.

Buzz

Here's the Toro specs, not too bad a price for a herd of rare Texas Wheel Horses:

1971 800 Special

Model # Serial Year Product Name

1-0150 None - None 1971 800 Special Tractor

Feature List Model Number 1-0150

Model Year 1971

Beginning Serial # None

Ending Serial # None

Product Name 800 Special Tractor

Product Brand Wheel Horse

Product Type Riding Products

Product Series Garden Tractor, Pre '74

Swath Deck Optional

Discharge Deck Optional

Engine/Motor Manufacturer Briggs & Stratton

Engine/Motor Model # 190434-0825-01

Engine/Motor Size # 8 hp

Engine/Motor Type 4 Cycle

Engine Starter Electric

Transmission Manufacturer Peerless

Transmission Model # 1400

Transmission Speed 3 Speed

Transmission Type Gear

=====================================================

657 None - None 1967 657 Tractor

Feature List Model Number 657

Model Year 1967

Beginning Serial # None

Ending Serial # None

Product Name 657 Tractor

Swath Deck Optional

Discharge Deck Optional

Engine/Motor Manufacturer Tecumseh

Engine/Motor Model # HH60-105013B

Engine/Motor Size # 6 hp

Engine Starter Electric

Transmission Manufacturer Wheel Horse

Transmission Model # 5053

Transmission Speed 4 Speed

Transmission Type Gear

855 None - None 1965 855 Tractor

Feature List Model Number 855

Model Year 1965

Beginning Serial # None

Ending Serial # None

Product Name 855 Tractor

Swath Deck Optional

Discharge Deck Optional

Engine/Motor Manufacturer Kohler

Engine/Motor Model # K181S-30108A

Engine/Motor Size # 8 hp

Engine Starter Electric

Transmission Manufacturer Wheel Horse

Transmission Model # 5049

Transmission Speed 4 Speed

Transmission Type Gear

RM-425

RM-425 None - None 1965 42" Side Discharge Mower

Feature List Model Number RM-425

Model Year 1965

Beginning Serial # None

Ending Serial # None

Product Name 42" Side Discharge Mower

Product Type Attachments

Product Series Attachments & Kits, Consumer Riding

Swath 42 inch

Discharge Side

============================================

HorseFixer

thats not bad! get um! :whistle:

Duke

phipsi27

Nice find

:whistle:

:WRS:

BadDad

Thanks for the info. I am going to try to get them down here. I am lucky that I have a very good friend who is willing to get them & put them on a pallet & take them to roadway. I should be very busy this winter & have a lot of questions for you all. Buzz you rock THX.

BairleaFarm

Be sure and post pics when you get them.

perry

I should be very busy this winter & have a lot of questions for you all.

not a bad texas find :WRS: .

we'll be here when you need some answers :whistle:

HorseFixer

Thanks for the info. I am going to try to get them down here. I am lucky that I have a very good friend who is willing to get them & put them on a pallet & take them to roadway. I should be very busy this winter & have a lot of questions for you all. Buzz you rock THX.

:WRS: Hey Dad, go to This Page and scroll down to Yahoo Groups tractor manual page subscribe to all 6 and you prolly can find free downloadable manuals for your tractors in PDF format! :whistle:

Cheers Duke

BadDad

Ok all you are not going to believe this. B) As you see, the date when this post 1st started. I have been all this time trying to get the tractors here in Texas. My friend is a lineman for the power company in Ohio & with all the storms & rain he has not had a lot of time to ship them. So he finally got them tore down & put on pallets & shipped them. I was told by Roadway that they would be here in Austin Friday (8-15-08). Well they are here I went over to get them & was told that I could not have them until Monday @ 8:00. B) All this time & I could smell those Horses but could not get to them. :horseplay: Oh well I will be there 1st thing Monday to get them. Pictures can be seen @ www.pigs-of-war.com/baddad/tractors/ going to need a lot of help with parts & info. THX all. :whistle:

jerrell

:whistle: that's a great deal dad, hey it's a bummer living down south, i live in Arkansas B) and the only way to get parts and things is by freight, i was going tto buy a tractor last week from Nashville Tn, but after the price of diesel and the cost of the tractor it wasn't worth it, B) what makes it so bad is , i really wanted that tractor but living on fixed income has it's drawbacks, and the waiting part really sucks, dosn't it B) ,, glad you got a good buy, Jerry

Teddy da Bear

Nice to know they are close to coming home.

TT

Your 1054 came with an RM-485. (48")

THIS is an RM-425.

They are 42" models made for the 855/875/1055/1075 tractors with the short frame and the foot pedal PTO engagement system. It is the only deck to use that nightmare of a belt routing blunder. B)

Duff

B) And I thought the belt on the 37"SD deck was an engineer's bad spell!

Wow! :whistle:

Duff B)

BadDad

WOW!! I have them in my possession. Ok What I have found out today is:

800 special this it is just for parts. B) I really wanted this one a lot because I have the 1100 special, oh well. here is a picture of the transmission.

800s

What is this? The engine is the wrong one. It is a model 14 type 202020 sn 134026 7 It is not mounted in the frame straight, & one of the mount holes have been broken off.

The 657 will be able to be fixed. There are parts missing but it has not been cut up.

The 855 is the one I am going to work on 1st. I have put some pictures here & have many ????????

anyone see anything here I need to look @ closer?

can you tell me what the broken welds are for?

Can I have this welded or do I need to have it replaced? the left side has a crack in it also.

Is this a wheel horse part?

here are the numbers of the engine. K181S 928055 SN 30108A

Any info that anyone can give me I do appreciate very much. THXs Donnie

sorekiwi

If it were me, I'd probably weld that frame up where it's broken. Beat/press it back into shape (may require some heat), "V" out the edges of the crack, and weld both sides. I'd weld in a doubler plate on the forward side of that piece too, and use longer bolts into the transmission.

Sorry cant help you on any of your other questions....

TT

I can tell you that the broken welds you have circled in the one picture are where the drive belt guard mounting tabs USED to be. B)

Spec # 30108A on the K181 makes it the original engine (or at least the blower housing) for the 855.

The speed hitch plate looks correct, but the PTO tensioner arm and pulley are not.

That's a good picture of the Peerless 1400 series 3 speed and the unique frame in the 800 Special.

T-Mo

That's a good picture of the Peerless 1400 series 3 speed and the unique frame in the 800 Special.

That is a good picture of the frame. That looks like the frame under the tractor I saw Sunday, which I believe is a 1971 800 Automatic.

BadDad

Well once again I thank you all for the info. I though the 800 special was junk. I didnt know about the peerless transaxle. The frame looked like it was not all there. I will get more pictures of it. But I know the engine is wrong. It needs an 8 hp Briggs. Now on the 855 TT can you tell me where I can go see how the drive belt guard mounting tabs are to be replaced? Also TT do you think the 8hp is still available that you pm me about? Sorekiwi when I get the frame down I will take it & have it weld & have a new plate put on it. Again thank you all for your help.

Stigian

Looks like those 3 Horse's will keep you busy for a while BadDad :whistle:

keep us updated on your progress B)

TT

TT do you think the 8hp is still available that you pm me about?

It hasn't been removed from Craigslist yet.

http://york.craigslist.org/grd/768630822.html

Best bet would be to send an e-mail. B)

I'll see if I can find one of my frames (that I can get to) to get some pictures of the belt guard mounting tabs.

BadDad

Ok TT email the guy about the engine. Also have some other qustions on the 855. Where can I get a key for this switch?

Next what is the best way to take out the pins in the steering rod?

There is a broken rod on the side on the engine. What is this & where do I get a new one?

The fender latch is broken also.

Also need the air filter for carb.

Also does anyone have any ideas how to remove the pipe from the head?

I had the engine running today. It ran fine no smoke & was strong. I have the tractor tore down now looking for a sand blaster. I saw on the form here some where, that someone built one out of a shopvac. Are there planes to do this?

Thank you all for the help.

TT

Key: HERE

The roll pin in the steering wheel can be driven out from either side with a pin punch. Make sure you support the opposite side. This is much easier if you loosen the set screw in the locking collar under the dash housing and slide the steering shaft up away from the dash. If all else fails, cut the upper steering shaft just below the steering wheel and use a hydraulic press to remove the shaft from the wheel. You can fabricate a new upper steering shaft out of a piece of 3/4" cold-rolled steel. (The pinion gear at the bottom is also held on by a roll pin.) You will need to cut it to length and drill the two new holes.

The broken rod is a belt guide for the mower drive belt. (P/N 5949) It is still available new, but is almost $20! B)

It would be more feasible to buy a piece of round stock at the hardware store and make a new one. Copy what is there, but add the missing piece sticking out parallel with the crankshaft pulley. It should extend out to the inside edge of the outer groove. (if you intend to run a mower deck on this tractor.)

The fender latch and air cleaner are probably on someone's parts pile. Post a wanted ad here at RS, and don't forget to check ebay. The "tall" air cleaner with the support bracket from a newer 7 or 8hp (K-161 / K-181) Kohler is what you need. (filter element is approximately 2.5" tall)

If you don't have access to an oxy/acetylene torch to heat the pipe nipple, saw the pipe off about 1/4" from the engine block. Using a hacksaw blade, split the remaining piece of pipe length ways inside the hole until it can be collapsed with a chisel and removed. (don't worry if you cut in to the threads a little - it won't hurt a thing.)