Sign in to follow this  
mr.pipes

I have bad gas!

mr.pipes

I have been accumulating a lot of bad gas lately. Most of it is clean but it's all over a year old. I get a half gallon here and there when I purchase something with a small engine after going through the fuel system. Then I didn't ride the sleds last year so I got 5 gallons from one and a little pre-mix out of the other.

Any suggestions on what to do with it? I'm thinking if I bring it somewhere to dispose of it properly it will be $$$$

I don't like the idea of running it through my fuel injection system even mixed with fresh gas. :banghead: Anyone done that without any problems?

Suggestions greatly appreciated. :thumbs2:

CRE1992

Have a really big bonfire :banghead:!? :thumbs2:

I am not to be held responsible for any damage that may be incurred during such a process :D:banghead:

-Charles :thumbs:

Rooster

About the only thing you can do with it legally is add it in small amounts with good gas.

but I am like you, I would never, lol!

better yet...when that pain in the rear neighbor who hasn't bought gas for his mower in 12 years asks to "borrow" some gas..... :thumbs2:

wallfish

Beano

Duff

Beano

:banghead::banghead:

Duff :thumbs2:

rmaynard

My neighbor uses it to kill grass in his driveway.

shootinok

I'd mix it with "good gas" maybe even some higher octane stuff, throw in a little Marvel Mistery Oil and run it through my small engine stuff.

Mowing lawns, trimmers that take a mix... whatever.

Coadster32

Stay away from the tacos!

HorseFixer

Hey Pipes...... :D Click this link below! They claim it revitalizes bad fuel. :thumbs2:

Maybe they have something for your Gas problem too! :thumbs:

Cheers ~Duke

:banghead:

By the way I seen this in LAGT an article by Josh Deaven page, 10 :banghead:

Mechanic is a Bottle

sscotsman

Check with your county..

my county (Monroe county NY) has a recycling center that will take things that cant normally go anywhere else..half-full gallons of old paint, cleaning chemicals, old gas, old gas/oil mix..etc.

Scot

dennist

Someone has control of my keyboard right now, so this is not being posted by me- It evaporates quickly in a shallow container left outside :thumbs2: ,.....I think....I have been told.....,yeah thats it, I read it on a site earlier.

Horse Fanatic

Just add it to the fuel tank of your van a gallon at a time. It won't hurt your vehicle and it will be burned off safely.

mrc

hello mr.pipes, do you have a friend with an old vehicle?? i usually pour it into my 79 chevy K20. just a carb. no computer and no problems. mike in westfield mass.

shorts

make sure that it is clean and then dilute it with fresh gas and run it thru your vehicle. In a previous life wi used to drain all of the marine gas tanks when we put the boats in storage for ''insurance''purposes, then we used the premix in the trucks all winter.

Jake Kuhn

My dad has me pull his finger!!!! :thumbs2:

mavfreak

Just add it to the fuel tank of your van a gallon at a time. It won't hurt your vehicle and it will be burned off safely.

I've done this myself

Just add some of the old gas to new gas here and there won't hurt anything even the premix (just add in smaller amounts) I wouldn't go more than a gallon at a time in your car/truck/van. I've never had any issues

boovuc

I'm with adding it to your fuel-injected vehicle a little at a time. (One gallon to a tank).

AMC RULES

Might explain some things? :thumbs2:

Mith

Buy one of these. Its a multifuel engine and will burn anything

(I got outbid on ebay :thumbs2: )

PICT0233_resize.jpg