Sign in to follow this  
71_Bronco

What Trans Do I have?

71_Bronco

I have a Bronco 14, and I have been looking with little success as to what trans I have. It is the Hydrostatic trans. My model number is 1-0421.

From the very little info I found, it appears that I have a Sundstrand Model 90-2046.

If anybody can confirm this info, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

rmaynard

Unless it has been replaced, you have the 90-2046.

zieg72

That is what trans is supposed to be in there according to the literature I have...

71_Bronco

Thanks allot guys!

From what I can tell, it is the original. Is there any way to confirm? Maybe by a part number stamped on the housing etc?

TT

There should be a model number on a small tag fastened to the pump portion of the hydro unit.

I'm pretty sure that the Uni-Drive (reduction gear/differential unit) should be a #5062.

kpinnc

There should be a model number on a small tag fastened to the pump portion of the hydro unit.

I'm pretty sure that the Uni-Drive (reduction gear/differential unit) should be a #5062.

It should also have a 10-pinion limited slip differential...

Unless it's been to my shop before- in which case it's now an 8-pinion. :thumbs2:

71_Bronco

Well, I found the little triangular tag on the back of the pump (i think it's the pump lol), and it says "Hydrogear", model 90-2071, a serial number, and then MFG by: Sunstrand Hydro Transmission.

Not sure if this is the tag you guys were talking about, it was a triangular tag, held on by 3 bolts (one in each corner), and the tag was about 1 1/2 tall and 2 or 2 1/2" wide.

CasualObserver

Yes, that's the right tag. Just means someone was there before you. At a minimum your pump has been replaced.

71_Bronco

Yes, that's the right tag. Just means someone was there before you. At a minimum your pump has been replaced.

So what is the difference between the 2046 and the 2071? Is it possible that it came from the factory like this? My truck for instance had a "early" vin and a "late" vin, and some parts are different.

Coul it be that since I have the later model number that perhaps I got a different trans? Or does that mean for sure, 100% that it has been swapped?

Thanks

snookman1

i looked through my info. and could not see where any :thumbs2: come with a auto trans. with a 90-2071. most auto. trans. were either a 90-2046(starting in 1968 with the charger9 and electro 12) or a 90-2062(starting in 1970 with the gt14). later years went to the 90-1136,1137, 1140, 1172, 1173 and so on.

71_Bronco

i looked through my info. and could not see where any :banghead: come with a auto trans. with a 90-2071. most auto. trans. were either a 90-2046(starting in 1968 with the charger9 and electro 12) or a 90-2062(starting in 1970 with the gt14). later years went to the 90-1136,1137, 1140, 1172, 1173 and so on.

Well now thats a little bizare.

I tried looking up sundstrand on google and I'm getting nothing. Is this company still around?

I also tried putting the "90-2071" in the search too, and literally no results came up.

Very puzzling :thumbs2:

can whlvr

when i rebiult my 1975 sundstrand a few years ago they were,dont know about now

CasualObserver

I believe they've been absorbed into Sauer-Danfoss. So technically, yes, they still exist.

C-Series14

Here is some info I have from a SB #437b. Can't guarantee how good it is.

B. J. Hydraulics, Inc.

6590 Wall Lake Rd.

Delton, Michigan 49046

Phone 616-623-5136

CasualObserver

That company from the Service Bulletin still exists, (I've talked to them) but they're just the supply house now. For service questions you have to contact the spin off ....

LJ Fluid Power

10118 South M 43 Highway

Delton, MI 49046-9602

(269) 623-4150