Sign in to follow this  
WHRNaddict

Comparing a 753 to 754

WHRNaddict

Trying to find the diffrence between 753 vs 754, kind a hard to tell from the pics. Any input would be great.

littleredrider

There isn't too much. The hood is longer on the 854, can't remember if the axle/steering is the same or not. I have an 854, and used to have a 753, but not at the same time. Thinking the fenders are different too.

Overall I don't think there is too much difference. Both are sweet if yah ask me!!!

Kelly

854 longer hood, 2 spoke steering wheel, batt. tray is a bolt on, the lower steering shaft is all welded together.

753 has short hood, 3 spoke wheel, batt. tray is welded to the frame, lower steering shaft is pinned together, the rest is all pretty much the same.

KC9KAS

"Trying to find the diffrence between 753 vs 754, kind a hard to tell from the pics. Any input would be great".

He didn't say anything about a 854...8:54 was the time he posted the question.

Lane Ranger

The Red Sqare website has the gallaery of different model photos on it that you can look at.

Here is the link if you have not used this feature:

http://www.wheelhorseforum.com/index.php?showforum=31

:thumbs2:

joebob

854 longer hood, 2 spoke steering wheel, batt. tray is a bolt on, the lower steering shaft is all welded together.

753 has short hood, 3 spoke wheel, batt. tray is welded to the frame, lower steering shaft is pinned together, the rest is all pretty much the same.

And the tool box has full sides on the the fender support, the 854 and 754 are the same tractor, just different hp engines

they had a shortage of k181 and had a surplus of k161 so they used them to keep the plant going they where not planned that why there rarer the number that they built are low

Coadster32

He didn't say anything about a 854...8:54 was the time he posted the question.

Thought I was the only one who caught that. :thumbs2:

Kelly

Opps my bad, but the 854 is the same as the 754, just the 754 has a 7hp, as for the tool box you will find the late 753's had the newer toolbox, with the full sides, the early ones used the 62 tool box with open sides, the late 63 and 64 fenders also have 2 sets of mounting holes the 62's only one set.

WHRNaddict

Thanks for the input. I'm assuming the serial # is on the shift pattern decal. Oh, and is there a possiblity that the 854 and 754 could have a 3 spoke steering wheel?

Thanks agian

buckrancher

754 has 5 bolt hubs

brian

TT

The 754/854 also has the two "extra" holes in the right side of the hoodstand for the sickle bar mower travel bracket and/or HL-5 headlight switch bracket.

They would also have the #4988 ignition switch - which replaced the key switch / push button combination.

Kelly

Forgot about the hubs, and no the 64 tractors had the 2 spoke, but things can be changed over the years.